hobbies outside of the lifestyle?

Ha, fishing, camping, hiking, mountain biking, canoing/kayaking, Skiing, 4 wheeling, house renovations, drawing, poker, beer brewing and drinking, wine making and drinking, drinking. fixing broke cars (not a hobby but have too cause can't afford new ones).

I hunt and fish. Have a beagle that does double duty as a hunting dog and also runs an agility course too. Due to the extreme weather we are having I took up playing the ukulele at the first of the year. I've never played a musical instrument before and I am amazed how far I have gotten just by watching you tube videos. the wife and I bought 4 kayaks for the family at Christmas so there will be lots of that going on this summer and will probably combine that with fishing when we go. We also do a little camping in the summer, but none of that hard stuff. Popup camper, cooler of cold ones and my hammock are all required if I am going.

I like this post, it's interesting and it seems like we have more in common than just motorcycles.

moetrout said:
I hunt and fish. Have a beagle that does double duty as a hunting dog and also runs an agility course too. Due to the extreme weather we are having I took up playing the ukulele at the first of the year. I've never played a musical instrument before and I am amazed how far I have gotten just by watching you tube videos. the wife and I bought 4 kayaks for the family at Christmas so there will be lots of that going on this summer and will probably combine that with fishing when we go. We also do a little camping in the summer, but none of that hard stuff. Popup camper, cooler of cold ones and my hammock are all required if I am going.

I like this post, it's interesting and it seems like we have more in common than just motorcycles.
Moe Moe! :)

haircuttergirl said:
I dig this thread!

Cooking and baking are two of my faves. Love using fresh, local produce and meat when possible. We usually have a small vegetable and herb garden every year, so I especially enjoy cooking then. Hours in the kitchen with some good jams and my (almost) two year old is a good time.
I love to garden too, so we'll have to do some trade. I've also got several fruit trees if you like to make pies, cobblers, jams or canning. I've got two figs, three pears, a loquat, a paper shell pecan and some scuppernong vines. My g-mo just down the road from you has 12 or 16 pecans, scuppernong, prune plum, and 20 or so blueberry bushes. I usually grow 20 - 30 heirloom tomato plants, but Augusta is supposedly not good for them. We'll see this year (last season I lived in Philly).

I used to have a lot more hobbies, these days it is basically work, motorcycles, bed
And I play bar trivia at least once a week ;D

deviant said:
I love to garden too, so we'll have to do some trade. I've also got several fruit trees if you like to make pies, cobblers, jams or canning. I've got two figs, three pears, a loquat, a paper shell pecan and some scuppernong vines. My g-mo just down the road from you has 12 or 16 pecans, scuppernong, prune plum, and 20 or so blueberry bushes. I usually grow 20 - 30 heirloom tomato plants, but Augusta is supposedly not good for them. We'll see this year (last season I lived in Philly).
Sweeeet! Maybe you can point us in the right direction with ours. We have a couple each of peach and plum trees, a crabapple tree, I think a pear tree... and a couple of pecan trees. But we have no idea what to do with them. A couple years ago we got tons of pecans but haven't since. Not sure why. And the fruit trees we are clueless about altogether.

Haven't tried my hand at canning or jams, but cobblers and pies are a big YES.

haircuttergirl said:
A couple years ago we got tons of pecans but haven't since. Not sure why. And the fruit trees we are clueless about altogether.
Could be pecan scab, which is a type of fungus. Aphids and shuck worms can be a problem too. If you get a lot of leaf drop, then that may be your culprit. Clean up all the leaves that drop and burn them. Also, they're not good pollinators with only a single tree, kind'a like corn. If a neighbor had trees that they removed, then you may have lost your pollinators. You may also need to fertilize, which should be done in March. Another factor could be if you've been getting a lot of rain in April and May, then dry summers. Because they're such poor pollinators, the rains wash the pollen away and restricts movement by wind. Dry summers weaken the trees and affect yields for years later. They also need well drained soils. The soil up near you is full of clay, which can affect drain. Lastly, they need lots of light. If other trees are overtaking them, then that could also be an issue.

deviant said:
Could be pecan scab, which is a type of fungus. Aphids and shuck worms can be a problem too. If you get a lot of leaf drop, then that may be your culprit. Clean up all the leaves that drop and burn them. Also, they're not good pollinators with only a single tree, kind'a like corn. If a neighbor had trees that they removed, then you may have lost your pollinators. You may also need to fertilize, which should be done in March. Another factor could be if you've been getting a lot of rain in April and May, then dry summers. Because they're such poor pollinators, the rains wash the pollen away and restricts movement by wind. Dry summers weaken the trees and affect yields for years later. They also need well drained soils. The soil up near you is full of clay, which can affect drain. Lastly, they need lots of light. If other trees are overtaking them, then that could also be an issue.
Wow. You know way more about this than we do. Haha

Rich Ard said:
Wilderness camping, hiding from my children
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I try not to go into the woods.
I kill spiders, whatever Its no big deal.

You'll need another chair for him to stand on while he's shrieking

Rich Ard said:
You'll need another chair for him to stand on while he's shrieking

I can picture it now, both Jenn and E up on chairs screaming "Mal kill the spider, kill the spider!"

Before losing my free time to this thing I call a "marketing career" (takes up most of my time) I was big into chasing tail, slalom skiing, snowboarding, building furniture, photography, rock climbing, and firearms.

Now a days just mess with bikes and chill around the house with some fishing here and there . But befor a house and wife was into Racing XC , some trials , and ran around the Country playing Professional Paintball LOL

danejurrous said:
I can picture it now, both Jenn and E up on chairs screaming "Mal kill the spider, kill the spider!"
This reminds me of the time that I was dreaming that E had spiders on his pillow. I calmly rolled over and nudged him and told him, "You have spiders crawling all over your pillow." I have never seen him jump out of bed so fast.

Back
Top Bottom