www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Two stroke triple street bikes  (Read 3204 times)

Offline Khaos

• Cafe Racer in Cardiff, Wales
Re: Two stroke triple street bikes
« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2016, 17:12:27 »
I had an over-tuned KH250 - full race all the way - and it was too extreme for road use - a power curve that  was more like a light switch.  Never again!
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.  Trust me on this.

GPZ305EX cafe racer (yes, seriously)

A lot of people comment
that they don't like what they see
I tell them to go f*** themselves
because this bike's for ME.

Offline jimmer

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #11 on: Dec 07, 2016, 17:17:19 »
Kevin Hutchinson runs 9.50's @ 143 on his Buffalo. The NS400R is a great bike but almost half the displacement. It may even weigh more than an H2.
Yamaha Blaster Bike                                                                  Suzuki T500 Titan Twingle

Offline jimmer

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #12 on: Dec 07, 2016, 17:18:53 »
Trump loves 2 strokes btw!
Yamaha Blaster Bike                                                                  Suzuki T500 Titan Twingle

Offline Khaos

• Cafe Racer in Cardiff, Wales
« Reply #13 on: Dec 07, 2016, 17:45:59 »
Heh why keep it to motorbikes?  A two stroke A10 Warthog would be a thing of wonder :D
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.  Trust me on this.

GPZ305EX cafe racer (yes, seriously)

A lot of people comment
that they don't like what they see
I tell them to go f*** themselves
because this bike's for ME.

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #14 on: Dec 07, 2016, 19:21:05 »
Kevin Hutchinson runs 9.50's @ 143 on his Buffalo. The NS400R is a great bike but almost half the displacement. It may even weigh more than an H2.

His has some left in the porting and he could increase the nitrous too. Even without the radiator and pipes, it's a heavy beast.  He has done a fantastic job on that bike and DOug Flannery who ported it is the master of 2 stroke tipledom. 

I was lucky to ride an NS400r a few years ago - at a time when we had a garage full of RD400s, 250s and the odd other bike..  The NS was fast and light and so civilized.

My GT750 with Jemco's is quite fast but is so loud.  The one I just fitted an OMAR's Torque Canon to sounds way better and a lot less noisy. Not as fast probably, but it looks good and sounds great - thanks Crabsandcylinders.  I have a GT550 barrel on the bench here that I am playing with teh porting and it should be good for over 75hp when we are done with it. (stock was around 38).

Offline CrabsAndCylinders

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Careful With That Axe Eugene
« Reply #15 on: Dec 08, 2016, 17:57:04 »
You are welcome and thank you!

The 550 is not water-cooled but maybe the "Ram Air" could help it handle more power?  I have ridden stock 550's and I really like some of it's qualities, heavier and slower than my stock at the time GT500 but very smooth and I think it revved up quicker (lighter crank?).  It was more civilised but with my buddies drop bars on it, it did feel heavy.  I would love to hear one with chambers, cuz this one sounded nice but too quiet.
Lighter, Quicker, Faster.
ZX-14, 900F x 2, 1100F, R100, CBR600, SR500, GT500, RZ350, KZ1000 x 2, Moto Guzzi Lemans lll, CBX550, RD 350, 750 SOHC police special, RG250, TL1000R, GT750, KTM Super Duke 1290 R, Harris/Z-1, Norton 750 Commando, Green 77 KZ650

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #16 on: Dec 08, 2016, 20:01:41 »
Correct.  The 550 looks a lot like a smaller 750 but without the weight penalty of water cooling.  On the bench is a partly ported GT550 cylinder and a basically stock RD350 cylinder and the 550 seems to have more potential than people generally give them credit for.

Offline Shoeman

• My old RD tuning pages from the 90's
« Reply #17 on: Dec 08, 2016, 20:09:05 »
Correct.  The 550 looks a lot like a smaller 750 but without the weight penalty of water cooling.  On the bench is a partly ported GT550 cylinder and a basically stock RD350 cylinder and the 550 seems to have more potential than people generally give them credit for.
I'd love to see photos of those 550 barrels.  How do you feel the transfer ducts compare to the RD?  IMHO those are always a big limiting factor in the old 2S street motors. 
I like cilp-ons, clubman's and superbike bars depending on the bike.  And rear-sets.

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #18 on: Dec 09, 2016, 03:08:43 »
Suzuki use a single pair of transfer ports and they appear much smaller at the crankcase mouth, but they are wider than an RD, so the starting area is probably close to the same though I have not measured them. 

On a 550 there is not a lot of metal to grind huge ports, but the transfers can be raised and widened enough.  I'll see if I can take some pictures for you.

Offline Sonreir

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Oregon
« Reply #19 on: Dec 09, 2016, 12:39:55 »
What does grinding ports do? Is that sort of like the two-stroke equivalent of a fatter cam?
Sparck Moto - http://www.sparckmoto.com

Audaces fortuna iuvat.

1977 Honda CJ360 - Café SOS - Stage One™, Café SOS - Stage Two™
1976 Puch Maxi - APuchalypse Now
Suzi T500 Cobra Resto

Custom Gauge Graphics
Custom Wiring Harnesses

DTT Red, White, and/or Black 360 Club - Better than those Blue guys