Vladimir has one HELL of a set of saddle bags!

CanadaDan

1977 BMW R75/7 'Mojo'
This is the latest shot of legend Vladimir Yarets... to quote his website:

http://yarets.com/index_eng.html

Vladimir A. Yarets, 64, a native of Minsk (Belarus), seriously believes his personality will be by right commemorated in the Guinness Book of world records. Vladimir is the first deaf person to have found determination and courage and set into a round-the-world trip on a motorbike. Currently he has traveled through more than 40 countries and covered the total distance exceeding 100,000 miles.

vladimir-a-yarets_b.jpg

At least he won't tip over, and he won't hear people laughing at him either ;)

You can laugh when YOU have matched his ride... :D

START MAY 27 2000 - results - MAY 18 2005

1. BELARUS * MINSK * 300 KM.
2. POLAND * 800 KM * 5 DAYS
3. GERMANY * 1400 KM * 16 DAYS
4. NETHERLANDS * 400 KM * 2 DAYS
5. BELGIUM * 400 KM * 2 DAYS
6. LUXEMBOURG * 100 KM * 2 DAYS
7. FRANCE * 4100 KM * 50 DAYS
8. UNITED KINGDOM * 3000 KM * 47 DAYS (ENGLAND—WALES—SCOTLAND)
9. IRELAND * 650 KM * 8 DAYS
10. NORTHERN IRELAND * 180 KM * 3 DAYS
11. ORKNEY ISLANDS (U.K.) * 10 KM * 1 DAY
12. SHETLAND ISLANDS (U.K.) * 60 KM * 10 DAYS
13. FAROE ISLANDS (DENMARK) * 25 KM * 3 DAYS
14. ICELAND * 1650 KM * 12 DAYS
15. ANDORRA * 80 KM * 21 DAYS
16. SPAIN * 1600 KM * 28 DAYS
17. PORTUGAL * 900 KM * 14 DAYS
18. GIBRALTAR (UK) * 80 KM * 4 DAYS
19. MOROCCO * 1400 KM * 23 DAYS
20. WESTERN SAHARA * 120 KM * 5 DAYS
21. CANARY ISLANDS (SPAIN) * 300 KM * 60 DAYS (SANTA CRUZ de TENERIFE)
22. VENEZUELA * 2500 KM * 181 DAYS (ISLA de MARGARITA)
23. ARUBA * 40 KM * 5 DAYS (CURACAO—BONAIRE, LESSER ANTILLES)
24. PUERTO RICO (USA) * 500 KM * 44 DAYS
25. DOMINICAN REPUBLIC * 650 KM * 30 DAYS
26. HAITI * 170 KM * 10 DAYS
27. JAMAICA * 800 KM * 40 DAYS
28. CUBA * 1600 KM * 132 DAYS
29. USA * 50 STATES * 54.000 KM * 651 DAYS * HURRAY!
30. HAWAII * HONOLULU (USA) * 30 KM * 23 DAYS
31. ALASKA (USA) * 3000 KM * 20 DAYS
32. CANADA * 11 + 6 PROVINCES * 32.000 KM * 270 DAYS (VANCOUVER ISLAND * NEWFOUNDLAND * NOVA SCOTIA * PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND)
33. MEXICO * 8640 KM * 46 DAYS * (BAJA CALIFORNIA) * 1800 KM * 6 DAYS
34. BELIZE * 1000 KM * 8 DAYS
35. GUATEMALA * 936 KM * 6 DAYS
36. USA* 50 STATES* HURRAY!!!+39 STATES+65.600 KM+802 DAYS*JUNE 30,2005

He was injured in Peoria and spent a year there being hosted by a local family while he recovered.

This is about the most leisurly schedule I've ever seen. He's riding at most 100KM in a day, and most of the time much less than that.

3 days for 25KM in Denmark?

Never said it was Iron Butt class scheduling... nothing wrong with enjoying the journey AND the destination. 8)

time and funds is what it boils down to. i've done an iron butt (1800 kms in just under 19 hrs) and would love to hit the west coast but, time and funds.....

a klr 650 down to the tip of chile would be nice too! we can all dream, props to those who have made it happen.

8. UNITED KINGDOM * 3000 KM * 47 DAYS (ENGLAND—WALES—SCOTLAND)

I rode my bicycle solo in the UK and did 2500 kms in about 35 days.

Well dammit that does it. I'm leaving for the East coast tonight! I'll strap suitcases to my bike too, but they'll be full of gas so I can ride non stop.

speakin of long distance, i met an iron butt rider who's competed, and i think won a recent one. anyway, he road from halifax to vancouver in just under 60 hours i believe, on an ST. he has an external tank which gave him a 600 km range, and get this, he used an external catheter to pee through, just taped it on i guess and ran the tube down his left leg. just think, a 5 min. pee brake, add that up a few dozen times accross the continent and you've lost time!

kzromey said:
speakin of long distance, i met an iron butt rider who's competed, and i think won a recent one. anyway, he road from halifax to vancouver in just under 60 hours i believe, on an ST. he has an external tank which gave him a 600 km range, and get this, he used an external catheter to pee through, just taped it on i guess and ran the tube down his left leg. just think, a 5 min. pee brake, add that up a few dozen times accross the continent and you've lost time!

I won't be impressed till I see what he makes of the 10 hour drive from Port Aux Basques to Cape Spear (plus the ferry ride).
;D

Ease said:
I won't be impressed till I see what he makes of the 10 hour drive from Port Aux Basques to Cape Spear (plus the ferry ride).
;D

what's the deal with that area? 10 hr drive only . . .?

Google Maps says 10.5 hours... If you leave St. John's to head to Port aux Basques you have to leave in the early AM to make the late ferry to NS (and I would allow more than 10 hours no doubt - more like 14).

As far as what's up with the area? I guess it is a write off for cross-continental trips... being that we're an Island and all... But we have been a province for over 50 years now (1959 - sorry about the history lesson), so don't call it a cross Canada trip unless you knock at my door ;D.

ca-nf-u.gif

lol! so sorry, i'm new to country, back home, we shoot smarty pants like a dogs! that looks like italy flag, italy close to canada? i will go there, find 3 wives. (in a borat voice...)

been to the rock only once, wouldn't mind crossing that island on a bike one day... speakin of which, gotta hit that newfy store here and get me some partridge berry jam and maybe some moose meat!

kzromey said:
lol! so sorry, i'm new to country, back home, we shoot smarty pants like a dogs! that looks like italy flag, italy close to canada? i will go there, find 3 wives. (in a borat voice...)

been to the rock only once, wouldn't mind crossing that island on a bike one day... speakin of which, gotta hit that newfy store here and get me some partridge berry jam and maybe some moose meat!

Purity Jam Jams Dude. Purity - Jam Jam's.
(Purity = brand, Jam Jam's = best cookie-type-thing ever)

Tintin said:
This is about the most leisurly schedule I've ever seen. He's riding at most 100KM in a day, and most of the time much less than that.

3 days for 25KM in Denmark?
friday i clocked 200km to go get an ice cream, and saturday about 400km and this all on my 50cc scooter not my honda.

Ease said:
Purity Jam Jams Dude. Purity - Jam Jam's.
(Purity = brand, Jam Jam's = best cookie-type-thing ever)
im out of jam jam's :mad: and if other guy finds some patridge berry jam let me know so can kill you for it ::))

kzromey said:

its not worth it, peeing in a bottle? woohoo!! :eek: those guys are nuts.

I remember one of my local clubs talking about this guy at one of our meetings, they took up a money collection to help him out. peoria,IL isn't far from here. I don't go to those meetings much anymore. several of them are a little narrow-minded about jap bikes and slightly eccentric. but I'd like to know how he see's over that mess going down the road, its no wonder he crashed. he's gotta be over the weight limit for that bike, thats just sad.

Back
Top Bottom