1980 CB750F rear brake piston: 41mm?

enterlance

Hi, when rebuilding my cb750F rear brake caliper I found that the rear brake piston is taller than the ones for the front (41mm vs 35mm) due to having thinner brake pads.

I bought 3 sets of EBC brake pads and new 35mm pistons for the brake calipers since I didn't know this until I disassemble them.

Can I fit a 35mm Piston into the caliper with normal thickness brake pads? Can't find the 41mm piston anywhere. HELP!

A lot of CB750F 79-80 brake parts match GL1000s. Try here: http://www.wingovations.com/stainless-steel-brake-pistons/4588600239

Thanks, after carefully examine the piston size (38.10mm x 41.00mm), I didn't find anyone matches the size on the website lol.

Tried to get rid of the rust of the piston but it obviously not salvageable...

Get in touch with Mark at BrakeCrafters.com He's an absolute legend and has helped me out no end in the past with all things brakes. Tell him James from Montreal sent you, he's your guy

enterlance said:
Thanks, after carefully examine the piston size (38.10mm x 41.00mm), I didn't find anyone matches the size on the website lol.

Tried to get rid of the rust of the piston but it obviously not salvageable...
So, piston #1 (38.1x41.3) won't fit? Certain of your measurement? And, taking .3mm off on a lathe would tke 5 minutes.

Jimbonaut said:
Get in touch with Mark at BrakeCrafters.com He's an absolute legend and has helped me out no end in the past with all things brakes. Tell him James from Montreal sent you, he's your guy

Emailed and asked them about this. Ordered both brake pads and 41mm pistons, they fit great! Thank you!

enterlance said:
Emailed and asked them about this. Ordered both brake pads and 41mm pistons, they fit great! Thank you!
Right on, glad it worked out 8)

Back
Top Bottom