*-*-*-* TX650 *-*-*-*

just get some clamp style pegs. mount them to the frame like they used to do on the old school choppers

Maritime said:
Nice Garage! and the bike looks 1000X better than it did after the barber wreck. I can't wait to sell my house in Moncton so we can buy here, we have 3 houses we like and all have nice garage space. I bet you and you son will crack into his bike as soon as it is finished. Hope to see you again at the next DTT GTG.

Cheers,

Mike
I hope to see you at the next GTG as well Mike. You take care and I sure hope you get that house and garage you want soon.

JRK5892 said:
just get some clamp style pegs. mount them to the frame like they used to do on the old school choppers
Not in this case Joe. I am just going for a different look. It's not so much about needing the passenger pegs. I have a set that I use when I ride with my son and it takes me 5 min to install. I just want something permanent that looks and matches the rearsets. It's just a matter of time.

I think the shock bolt/peg idea is cool. Definetely will look better than just clamped on ones. Just as long as the passenger is prepared for the swing arm to be rising and faling a bit under their feet.

I'm glad your Shorai is working out, I'm not having as much luck with my Ballistic Components battery. It doesn't like the cold at all.

@xulf13- I have a set of pegs similar to those off a CB350 I'll send you for the cost of shipping if you want,
pegs_1.jpg

IMG_8797.jpg

Xulf,

Beautiful build! Everything is looking very flush. I'm jealous of the 2 seats! 1 for track, 1 for not! :)

Pillion Pegs - Have you considered rearset/peg parts from Tarozzi. I'm about to buy a set. They also knurled in 2 or 3 patterns from memory and 1 is folding. Not 2 bolts like you had in mind, but they use only 1 mounting bolt.

http://www.fastfromthepast.com/servlet/the-Rearset-Parts-cln-Footpegs/Categories

I'm having a similar idea of killing two birds with one shock mount. My concern is movement and vibration leading to potential pillion injury from losing foot placement. Perhaps I'm over thinking it. The vibration might end up being the same as rest of the frame since the springs absorb the vibration...

Damo

Hey Hummingbird,
Thanks for the tip. that does sound like good advice. Except the price.LOL
But I also need to be able to use that bolt as the bolt that holds the lower part of the shock on the swing arm, and of course make sure the thread is the same. Which is a good thing Tarozzi not only provides the Thread measurements but also the lenght of the bolt. Sinc I need to make sure the bolt is plenty long to ensure the peg does not hit the lower shock tower when it's folded up. One of the memebrs on this site made the set of rearsets I now have on the bike. I rather give him the business though.

And here are some latest pics. After some recent changes.
23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

and with the 2 up seat, prior to the changes
183.jpg

181.jpg

Love it, great that you have put the thought into having the interchangeable seat for the 2up! well done, nice bike!

Since I won't be making it to Barber this year, you will have to come up to my neck of the woods sometime. I'll bring the donuts.

Back
Top Bottom