83 SR250 kickstart compatibility

MrChow

Hey guys,

I would like to know if a 1981 Yamaha DT250 Kickstart assembly would be a direct fit for the SR250.

If not, what are some models that would fit directly to it.

Cheers.

Correct. Only those two bikes along with the Big Wheel, which uses the xt250 motor, works.

Get the internals, the seal for the cover, the actual arm. But do not forget there is a little boss to tap into the engine case for the spring to locate on. You most likely cannot remove it from the donor bike nor will you find it usually sold with the internals. You can buy this part new from Yamaha or make one on a small lathe.

Partzilla would be a good bet for that part, or others for that matter.....

Let us know how the build goes, and best of luck!

Hey guys,

I actually purchased the kick start internals off a tt250 and every other bit needed to fit on a kickstarter

but somehow the kick start assembly were smaller than what it would be for the SR250.

so I was wondering if the year of the tt250 had anything to do with it. This was quite some time ago but as far as I can recall,
the kickstart assembly was off a 1980 tt250, and my bike is a 1983 sr250.

Cheers

cosworth said:
You may have been sold something he thought was from a tt250.

This is an eBay norm for the guys who know what is scarce and just hope it gets passed... when in doubt make em take pics with a measuring device and compare. 8)

Had a bit of a think and you may have been sold a kickstart from a twin cam TT250. Not the same motor.

Back
Top Bottom