Stripped bolt

eglintonw

Any tips on how to remove this? tried almost every single way I can think of! Please all tips are needed. Very much a beginner... haha :mad: :'(

Here are some photos

dadb210543769a6f1ced65908ba8c88d.jpg
ec745219eb04e6707532ba78746eb962.jpg
590d736f58ed890942887a26fb5a8051.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have access to a Dremmel or die grinder, you can cut a straight slot in the center then use a screwdriver, or impact screwdriver to break it free.

Heat. Get a torch onto it to break the bond between the nut and bolt. Give it a few good cycles of heat and cool. Spray some penetrating oil on it in between to get into the threads.
While it is warm give it a few good taps with a soft hammer to help break any bonds as well.

Then file two parallel edges on the bolt and find a spanner to fit. It should easily spin off.

if thats a nut on a bolt then do what Brodie said, heat to break the bond......and while its still warm get it moving , then penetrating fluid and keep moving back and forth
But the heat has to be on the nut only

+1. The nut is toast anyway, and it is not worth potentially damaging the head or cylinder. Looks pretty easy to get at with die grinder, cut off wheel, 90 degree grinder, maybe even a hack saw (can't see enough in the pics). Just take your time and be careful and patient - it will pay off once you get it apart and only have to buy a new stud for your trouble. I suggest replacing all the other nuts as well when you put it back together to help avoid this situation in the future.

Back
Top Bottom