My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project (The Build Up Begins!)

We appreciate the choice of foam. Finally something we can bitch about. That's a first. :)

I did the caswell liner today, followed the instructions exactly and it looks to have worked out perfectly. I just about finished the wiring today, I am getting bored with crimping on connectors. Highlight of the day was filling the oil tank with 2 stroke oil... getting close now! The biggest job I have left I think is to get custom brake lines made.

Don't understand why you have to line an aluminum tank except for maybe pinhole leaks from the welds you may be concerned about.

John, I think that I might go back and read through the thread again. It's that good.

zooke581 said:
Don't understand why you have to line an aluminum tank except for maybe pinhole leaks from the welds you may be concerned about.

Yes there could be a couple of pinholes. Don't forget I welded it with oxy/acetylene so I don't trust it completely.

clem said:
John, I think that I might go back and read through the thread again. It's that good.

Thx, think some of my original ideas changed along the way a little but I guess that's fairly normal on this sort of project.

The liner has set up nicely, now I can get to sanding and polishing.

Lining a alloy tanks is always a good idea,they are prone to cracking and the liner helps to dampen the vibrations.

Junior Burrell said:
Lining a alloy tanks is always a good idea,they are prone to cracking and the liner helps to dampen the vibrations.
Vibration will be my biggest enemy I think on this bike, I have rubber mounted the tank so hopefully shouldn't have any issues. My pipes are spring and rubber mounted which should be sufficient to stop any cracking.

I finally made it back to the end!

clem said:
I finally made it back to the end!

Holy cow that's a lot of reading! I am looking forward to photo shopping a before and after pic together.... quite a change!

No progress this weekend, my sander took a dive had to order a new bearing for it. Also did a 6hr mountain bike race on Saturday, crashed 3 times so needed some rest after that!!

Lights are working!

Attachments

• fl.JPG
    fl.JPG
    240.4 KB · Views: 232
  • rl.JPG
    rl.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 241

That's such a beautiful bike... I think I've read the entire thread 3 or 4 times in the past few months just to take it all in. Great work man.

1969Honda said:
That's such a beautiful bike... I think I've read the entire thread 3 or 4 times in the past few months just to take it all in. Great work man.
Thanks!

Tank is all sanded, started polishing today. Should get it finished tomorrow.

Attachments

• tank6.JPG
    tank6.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 204
  • tank5.JPG
    tank5.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 221

zooke581 said:
Lookin' good John. Quit teasing and get it done.

Haha yes that would be nice. Won't be anymore pics of the whole bike until she is complete!!!

Back
Top Bottom