the Black Knight, a 400four tale.

Re: Black Knight...Side job.

Thanks bud...heres the first one finished for Rachel to go in our bathroom.

Thought Id give the 2k primer a go. It goes on and sands just like primer.

Rach really likes the new Subaru color, Jasmine green, so that came from Harpy's motors.

My fan, going in the garage, will be House of Kolor, Candy Blue.

And all finished w 2k clear.

11494-191218202241-4766776.jpeg

11494-191218202241-4763776.jpeg

11494-191218202241-47671988.jpeg

11494-191218202242-4768509.jpeg

11494-191218202242-4769473.jpeg

https://youtu.be/sh5cXv0uS0A

Watch spraying with the propane heater. I ruined one wirh overspray getting sucked in the heater, drying and plugging it all to dog poo. Looks great though Id just haye to see the new heater get buggered

Looking good there Trek - I’m a fan

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

I’d be interested to hear how that House of Kolor aerosol lays down. I’m eyeing up a HOK colour too and going the aerosol route.

Maritime said:
Watch spraying with the propane heater. I ruined one wirh overspray getting sucked in the heater, drying and plugging it all to dog poo. Looks great though Id just haye to see the new heater get buggered

I try to do all my spraying outside on the patio. I took today off work for this weather.

Just hanging near heater to cure the 2k faster. Once it gassed off out doors.

The Jimbonaut said:
Looking good there Trek - I’m a fan

Thanks bro and ;D

The Jimbonaut said:
I’d be interested to hear how that House of Kolor aerosol lays down. I’m eyeing up a HOK colour too and going the aerosol route.

Hoping to spray the HOK candy sometime over the holiday weekend. Im gonna spray it over the Marbles motors silver.

Ill be sure to post the results.

trek97 said:
Hoping to spray the HOK candy sometime over the holiday weekend. Im gonna spray it over the Marbles motors silver.

Ill be sure to post the results.

Love HOK - I’m thinking of a Shimrin colour for my bike. Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out. Great gift man

Thanks guys. Once I finish up these three fans, Ill be done w fans, forever.

Re: Black Knight..house of Kolor spray bomb

One for my garage and the 3rd is for my moms Christmas.

The House of Kolor spray bomb went on really nice.

I think it is a "Shimrim", Cobalt blue Kandy base coat sprayed over Marbles Motors engine silver.

Need to be careful w it. As its mixed SUPER THIN it sprays on nice and even. I didn't get any runs or drips...thank god.

Takes a bunch of coats to achieve the actual color. I think I sprayed at least 6 coats...emptied the entire can on these 2 small-ish fans.

So if your wanting to spray a tank and get full color saturation...I would play it safe and buy 3 cans. (2 cans MIGHT just do it though, I wouldn't risk it)

2 thick coats of 2k after that.

The pics dont show full gloss. They were covered in grease and oil right after assembly.

11494-251218060758-4778246.png

11494-251218060758-47812079.png

11494-251218060758-47821223.jpeg

Thanks guys, Im going to order some shims for motor armature shafts.
As they have been well used and now that everything is cleaned up w fresh (soft) lube
a couple want to rattle a bit.

Dude they came out great. Nice work indeed!

Back
Top Bottom