Honda CGL 125 Mexican Build

Just did a bunch of stuff today:

Cleaned the shit out of her
Modded the front fender
Painted a lot of stuff
Modded the rear fender
Cleaned the shit out of her some more
And a bunch of other stuff

I'm going to paint the bump this week and probably start looking for a seat. Don't know what to do for the speedo though...Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Watch the progress and tell me what you think.

Cheers!

Attachments

• DSC03414.JPG
    DSC03414.JPG
    306.7 KB · Views: 257
  • DSC03415.JPG
    DSC03415.JPG
    261.4 KB · Views: 248
I'm curious as to what you have going on for tail lights, in the pics they seem on the smaller side. I've been to your home town and drivers there just seem crazy, but some sort of organized chaos I suppose.

Cool looking little scoot!

Glad you like it bro!

I am running two strips of LEDS which work as tail lights, running lights and turn signals.
I don't love them, but could't find anything better. They kind of hide under the bump so you can't really see them when they are off so thats cool.

To my hometown Queretaro? People over here drive like assholes! Pretty slow but recklessly.

Got a bike already?

Saludos!

Dingo said:
I'm curious as to what you have going on for tail lights, in the pics they seem on the smaller side. I've been to your home town and drivers there just seem crazy, but some sort of organized chaos I suppose.

Cool looking little scoot!

I am looking for a color to paint the bump/ tail of the bike.

I was going to paint it white (as the tank) but decided I would like to try something less boring.

Any ideas?

gloss black with saddle color seat pad? what about doing it white to match and adding some graphics on the tank? I just made a seat pad from scratch for the first time and it turned out really nice- maybe you want to give it a try too! check my cb750 thread and you can see it http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=41449.0

My original idea was to paint it white an add some matching flat black graphics to the tank and bump. But my concern would be the bike looking boring and kind of lifeless with the white tail; thats why I thought in a brighter color like yellow or something like that.
Do you think the bike will look lifeless if I paint the tail white?
Cheers!

FGKouki said:
gloss black with saddle color seat cushion? what about doing it white to match and adding some graphics on the tank?

I think it'll look real nice and simple all white. You could do some temporary graphics if you carefully masked the tank and used plasti-dip aerosol. It's a rubberized spray on coating that sticks to paint but can be simply peeled off without damaging the paint underneath if you ever so choose.

I could use vinyl. You can do wonders with that thing!

FGKouki said:
I think it'll look real nice and simple all white. You could do some temporary graphics if you carefully masked the tank and used plasti-dip aerosol. It's a rubberized spray on coating that sticks to paint but can be simply peeled off without damaging the paint underneath if you ever so choose.

Paint it white... maybe the seat can be black with white piping and some white stitching (perhaps stitching pattern to give the seat a little "life")... just my two cents (not sure how much that would be in pesos).

Suerte amigo!

If you're going to be painting it any time soon, why not remove the honda emblems from the tank? It'll look much cleaner with out them, but that's just my opinion.

That would be 2.5 pesos ;)

I'll most likely paint it white and use black vinyl for the seat.

Gracias por los buenos deseos!

IvansScramblerCafe said:
Paint it white... maybe the seat can be black with white piping and some white stitching (perhaps stitching pattern to give the seat a little "life")... just my two cents (not sure how much that would be in pesos).

Suerte amigo!

The tank is going to remain white but I will change the emblem color. Probably white emblem with some black accents on the tank

Dingo said:
If you're going to be painting it any time soon, why not remove the honda emblems from the tank? It'll look much cleaner with out them, but that's just my opinion.

The seat is getting painted AT THE MOMENT. Hope it turns out sexy as the picture I have in my head!
Did some wire cleaning and painted bits of the frame that needed paint because of the grinded stuff.
Still having trouble with the speedo; don't know what to do with that!
A week or two and this thing will be complete!
I'm excited as hell!

I thought I'd take a look at your scoot since you visited mine. Cool bike and really cool that it's new! A couple things I would do. Not sure if it was mentioned, but I always take off the reflectors. Maybe you need them for visibility or legality. Maybe replace them with reflective strips. Also, try lowering the headlight. It's a bit high. Generally, I like the top to line up with top of the tank. That will give a clean visual line front to back. Maybe lower some of the gauges too. Anyway, enjoy it. Good work!

Back
Top Bottom