"Cafe Racer" such a loose term! Craigslist "Gem" of the week!

Rocan said:
I just hate people who act ghetto and use slang in general, besides for comedic value. Then they wonder why they are judged so heavily by upper classes of society.

And I don't want to hear some BS about how if they are raised in that environment they don't know any better; I have plenty of friends who grew up in the projects around some nasty gangs and they speak perfectly well. As well as that, they disassociate themselves from that lifestyle as much as possible.
It's just bloody stupid. Why? Why the hell do you talk like that? Do you think you are cool? Nope. Just illiterate.

Rocan said:
I just hate people who act ghetto and use slang in general, besides for comedic value. Then they wonder why they are judged so heavily by upper classes of society.

And I don't want to hear some BS about how if they are raised in that environment they don't know any better; I have plenty of friends who grew up in the projects around some nasty gangs and they speak perfectly well. As well as that, they disassociate themselves from that lifestyle as much as possible.

Relax David... Us lower class folks get upset when you high falootin' upper crusters talk down to us...

Pretty little rich boys like you need to keep your getto exposure to a min your not cut out for it. hear are some pointer. white knuckly at 10 and 2 keep your eyes foward tell the nice man what your in the market for pay him quickly get your super cut coke ask no questions and put the car in reverse.

Rocan said:
they wonder why they are judged so heavily by upper classes of society.
you spoon feed mother fucker. the word "they" would straight get seven shades of shit kicked outta you where i live. and news flash no one and i mean no one gives two shits about the upper classes of society opinions of them.

Oh look. Another thread hijacked because someone got offended by a word on the Internet. Surprised? ::)

I don't have the text or ad anymore, but about a year ago I tried to sell an 86 xr100 on cl for 300 bucks. It needed some work, but still ran and everything and I played in the yard with it a lot. I said in my ad "cash only, absolutely no trades."

I got a text one evening: u still got dirtbik?"

I replied "yes I do still have the dirtbike."

He responds "trade for ps2? I gots games."

I replied "did you read the ad?"

No response.

Gotta love living in the sticks!

Yeah, but it works both ways here in the sticks. I traded a 59 ford fleet side swb truck that was held together with rust and prayers for a 2011 14 foot aluminum boat with a running 15 horse motor. Bought the truck for 300. Sold the boat for 450 the motor for 250 and the fuel tank and lines for 30. I'd like to thank the hillbilly who drove over from mississippi. Saved me a lot of grief over the truck and put some cash in my pockets for my bikes.

this topic is always popping up you guys think your so above someone else its kinda funny. If i had a old cb i would play dumb and hang the word cafe all over the ad becouse some one would buy it for stupit money. befor you guys point your fingers at people that are just tring to sell a bike ask your self who is it that drove the price of a 50 dollar gt750 drum to 800 bucks haha. Its all you tv watchin cb dip shits that made this craze so enjoy the meal you cooked.

Anyways... ::)

Back to the original thread.

Anyone know anything about these bikes? I love how every manufacture it seems is hoping on board the whole vintage bike style. I may be good for parts though, I do like the little windscreen on this bike

http://austin.craigslist.org/mcd/3033617989.html

jonnyTHUNDERmaker said:
Anyways... ::)

Back to the original thread.

Anyone know anything about these bikes? I love how every manufacture it seems is hoping on board the whole vintage bike style. I may be good for parts though, I do like the little windscreen on this bike

http://austin.craigslist.org/mcd/3033617989.html

It should be good for parts or if you wanna swap a Japanese engine inn.. Another member posted about them a few days ago and supposedly they run just as bad as your run of the mill chinese knockoff.. My girl had a Yamasaki once, worst piece of crap ever.. (Comic book guy rant)

oh man, I'm dying of laughter over here. I figured SOMEONE would get offended by me saying "they".

Spoon fed? sure, if you count stripping lead paint off my house when I should have been playing catch (or whatever children do, I'm not really sure) as being spoon fed. I don't remember there being much silver either, but it's a definite possibility.... all that lead does funny things to your head. all that lead does funny things to your head, with silver spoons and catch.

:)

+1 Rocan.

I grew up in the sticks and I rose above to not only learn to spell and speak properly but to have the social conscience to try to give my children a better life than I had.

I teach middle school in a highly at risk community, with a free and reduced lunch population of nearly 60% and rising every year. The most frustrating thing that I deal with on a daily basis is watching my kids come through my classroom with this very attitude. "THEY are trying to keep us down". It's all I can do many days to not get frustrated as I try to help young people realize that "they" aren't biased against people, "they" are biased against people who refuse to act intelligent because "they" (in the context of the "subjugated masses") don't want to "turn they back on they community".

Life will become what you decide it will become. Plain and simple. If you decide that you are going to remain an ignorant, poor, and hopeless person you will. If you decide the world holds better options for you and WORK to get where you want to be it's a whole other story...

I'm sorry, did the thread topic change to "let's whine about how hard our lives are"?

anarki650 said:
I teach middle school in a highly at risk community, with a free and reduced lunch population of nearly 60% and rising every year. The most frustrating thing that I deal with on a daily basis is watching my kids come through my classroom with this very attitude. "THEY are trying to keep us down". It's all I can do many days to not get frustrated as I try to help young people realize that "they" aren't biased against people, "they" are biased against people who refuse to act intelligent because "they" (in the context of the "subjugated masses") don't want to "turn they back on they community".

Life will become what you decide it will become. Plain and simple. If you decide that you are going to remain an ignorant, poor, and hopeless person you will. If you decide the world holds better options for you and WORK to get where you want to be it's a whole other story...

bam. right on the money. My father was raised playing with goat shit for fun (literally... they make great marbles and necklaces), and my mother picking cans if she wanted an ice cream. I never had it that bad since my parents worked their asses off to give my sister and myself a far far better life, but I was never raised "spoiled". One day when I have children you can sure as hell bet they wont have me throwing money at them... I'll never keep them from what they want, but if I have a son, for example, who wants to race motorcycles, I'll get him a bike if he works for it, and then once he has it he sure as hell better figure out how to fix and maintain it himself, even if I have all the money in the world, you cannot give someone the ability to do things themselves.

"You cant give someone the ability to do something for themselves" hahahaha how many people built and are building your bike for you david. read over your post, there eather some drama about drugs or Your asking some one for something. How many times do you need to be called on this? So what have you worked for in life? How exactly do you work for free and eat or pay rent or even exist? Your not spoiled someone just gives your everything you want and need and put a pillow under ya everytime you hit rock bottom. ::) "i come from rags" / "ill be on vacation at our summer home in malta for a few months" hahaha yea you got it ruff, preach on you working class hero

Your message under your avitar should read
" while im resting someone else will work on my steel"

Can someone please post a funny craiglist, this was my lunch break entertainment for a while :p
It'd be my honor. Time to move things along here.

Feast your eyes on this bastard of a bike

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/2988515595.html

The fact that it is a "one of a kind" is the only thing good about it.
Don't need any more of these around.

Back
Top Bottom