What's your favorite beer?

swan said:
I have lived, worked and travelled to dozens of countries and my favorites are British pale ales and ESB's, Belguim ales, America IPA's and ESB's. My favorite breweries are Fitgers Brewhouse and New Belgium, but the beer I drink the most is Summit Pale Ale. Another great reason to live in Minnesota.

Act global, drink local.

Where abouts in MN are you? I am about 20 minutes south of St.Paul in Hastings...

I am on the river in Winona, MN and Fountain City, Wi with all those beautiful, twisting empty roads running up and down the bluffs and long straightaways up on top. My own personal racetrack. Every ride down this way?

All summer long! I love running down the river. Some of the best riding in the STATE! Or should I say states. 35 along the river in sconnie awesome...and the alphabet soup roads are nice and twisty too. Looking forward to getting my cafe out for it's maiden voyage on the floodrun in May.

At the moment I would have to say that my favorite beer is Abita Jackamo - It a fantastic IPA which is my favorite style of Beer!!
jockamo_bottle_six_pack_rays.jpg

I saw that at the store the other day. I'll have to pick some up next time.

I'm always suprised at Abita. At the grocery store, I always pass it up. But when I'm in NO, I always buy and wonder why I don't drink it at home. They make a killer product, though I've never tried the IPA.

--Chris

chrisf said:
I'm always suprised at Abita. At the grocery store, I always pass it up. But when I'm in NO, I always buy and wonder why I don't drink it at home. They make a killer product, though I've never tried the IPA.

--Chris

I usually only get Abita when I am out at the bar, but my Fiancee got me a Beer of the Month Club membership for Christmas this year and it was in the first batch!! I will be buying more of this if I can find it locally!!

A few years ago my truck broke down in Mandeville, La had to stay the nite, so got a cheap motel and across the highway was a shithole roadhouse. I though why the hell not! Went over and they had Abita on tap, a kickass local zyedeco band and the best gator burger I've ever had. I love Karma!!!

Terry
J'ville, Fl

I dont know how I missed this post. I'm sure we are all avid beer fans but let me tell you... At one point in time my previous college roommate and I had over 200 different beer bottles collected in our kitchen. We had shelves on nearly ever wall of our kitchen filled with empty bottles as well as the top of our cabinets. We have a place here in Jacksonville (I'm sure it's everywhere) called Total Wine, they have a HUGE selection of Imports, Domestics and private breweries around the world, small and big. Anyways we collected (and sampled) well over 200 and had a very impressive collection. Unfortunatelly upon moving out, it was just to much to load/unload and carry along so we recycled it all (no $ for that down here in FL).

But to answer the question (which is hard) I would have to say my favorite beer is New Castle, followed by my cheap favorite PBR.

Back
Top Bottom