A new email scam

CanadaDan

1977 BMW R75/7 'Mojo'
I don't know if I got this because of my site or not but it's a different take on an old scam...

THE BMW AUTOMOBILE COMPANY.
22 Garden Close, Stamford,
Lincs, PE9 2YP, London
United Kingdom.

The Board of Directors, members of staff and the International Awareness Promotion Department of the BMW Automobile Company, wishes to congratulate you as one of the TEN (10) STAR PRIZE WINNER in this years' BMW Automobile International Awareness Promotion (IAP) held on February, 2009, in London, United Kingdom. This makes you the proud owner of a brand new BMW X6 35iM, M Sport Saloon car and a cash prize of £750,000.00 GBP (Seven Hundred And Fifty Thousand Great British pounds).The selection process was carried out through random selection in our Computerized Email Selection System (C.E.S.S.) from a atabase of over a million email addresses from the world wide web. To begin the processing of your prize you are to contact the BMW Claims Agent through the contact details as stated below:

Mr. David Brown
BMW Claims Agent
E-mail: bmwselect@hotmail.com

Contact him, with your ticket number: 5647600545188, Serial number: BMWP/556543450906 and Reference Number BMW:2551256003/23. You are also advised to provide him with the under listed information along with your reply.Claims Requirements:

1. Names in full:
2. Address:
3. Nationality:
4. Age:
5. Occupation:
6. Phone/Fax:
7. Country of Residence:

Winners are advised to keep their winning details/information from the public to avoid fraudulent claim (IMPORTANT) pending the transfer/claim by Winner.

Regards,
Mrs(Engr) Yuan Luo Hong
Director Of BMW Promotion
THE BMW AUTOMOBILE COMPANY, UK.

This electronic transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me immediately as use of this information is strictly prohibited.

Why not respond and have some fun with them? Tell them your name is Heywood Jablowme or stuff along those lines...

Yeah, I've got the exact same message, right down to the wording, except it was from "microsoft Lottery foundation" or something along those lines...

i got one from a "girl" at a dating web site. we chatted one night then the next day she emailed me the next day and said she was not in Michigan she was in some war torn African county and needs some cash to pay her room bill so she can come back to the states so we can start our life together. all this after one night of chatting.

"Winners are advised to keep their winning details/information from the public to avoid fraudulent claim (IMPORTANT) pending the transfer/claim by Winner."

You messed up big time! I totally just sent in my details and claimed the prize!

Back
Top Bottom