They can ride... but can they dance?

CaTacl1sm

hope your clubmans don't hit your tank
These Japanese bikers know how to bust a move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x52IA-H2g2s

EDIT FOR SONY FAIL.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=51789705

I see a new trend starting at our local bike meets.
I'll be behind the camera though, posting up others moves. ;)

I'm sorry, but bikers and riding, don't go with dancing. Lets not make this cafe style a dancing with the stars disease. Its just not cool.

it would be a good way to differentiate ourselves from all the poseur hipster douchebags... :p

CaTacl1sm said:
it would be a good way to differentiate ourselves from all the poseur hipster douchebags... :p

Is it really necessary to differentiate ourselves? I think our bikes, ingenuity and demeanor already do that. All I know is I don't plan on having a 3 foot hair do and breaking out the 80s break dancing moves anytime soon.

CaTacl1sm said:

Do I see a "dance off" between all the DTT Regions?? :eek: :eek: :eek: Oh my!! :eek: :eek:

No thanks. :p :p

Ah, yet another example of westerners not knowing the slightest bit about Japan. The Japanese youth take their subcultures very seriously and these guys are the rockabilly greasers that hang out at Yoyogi Park on Sundays to strut their stuff. The Japanese are obsessed with American pop culture but always add their own spin to it. The bikes are just another element of their style. They're not really bikers, it's just a part of their shtick.

AZ003879.jpg

elvis.jpg

small0001.jpg

small0001_2.jpg

small0001_3.jpg

DrJ said:
Ah, yet another example of westerners not knowing the slightest bit about Japan. The Japanese youth take their subcultures very seriously and these guys are the rockabilly greasers that hang out at Yoyogi Park on Sundays to strut their stuff. The Japanese are obsessed with American pop culture but always add their own spin to it. The bikes are just another element of their style. They're not really bikers, it's just a part of their shtick.

Actually, I do get it! ;D I was just kidding about the "dance off thing". ;D

It's really amazing how far they go to blend a variety of cultures to create a new subculture! :eek:

MBS said:
Is it really necessary to differentiate ourselves? I think our bikes, ingenuity and demeanor already do that. All I know is I don't plan on having a 3 foot hair do and breaking out the 80s break dancing moves anytime soon.

you've not been to Providence, RI my friend. Its only a matter of time before all these hip kids from Brown and RISD start buying pre-built cafes. Right now, Eric and I have the only cafes in the city (that I've seen).

To each their own . If they wanna dance , dance away . Wouldn't go as far as calling anyone " Hipster Douchebags " though . This whole thing we're into is about building stuff and having fun . It's all good in my opinion . Just not for me. ;D

DrJ said:

The little I know about the Japanese, tells me they take everything seriously. I find that admirable. Adoption of anything American in their subculture makes me proud as an American.
how does it go....?... imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
personally... I don't dance..... unless I think it might get me laid

isolato said:
The little I know about the Japanese, tells me they take everything seriously. I find that admirable. Adoption of anything American in their subculture makes me proud as an American.
how does it go....?... imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

The Japanese chopper and bobber scene is huge now and ironically, many American builders are adopting their style of bike building. There is also a thriving cafe scene in Japan full of very nice period correct Brit iron.

Represto said:
DrJ, are these the guys driving up the cost of vintage jackets and helmets?

I don't think these are the guys. More likely these guys:

3-11%2BAce%2Bmotorcycle%2Bsportster.jpg

3-11%2BMeguro%2B-%2BKawasaki.jpg

3-11%2BStyrthjelm%2Bmed%2Bkat.jpg

I'm in Japan right now. Tomorrow I'm going to Yokohama to check out a Hot Rod and Custom car show. I will post some pics afterward. I'm sure that it will be good. I love seing the bikes and custom cars here. The shops that I have visited has shown me that we have let our "free will" get legislated away. (Time for me to get off my soapbox.) You can buy anything from LED strips to brass plate, and that's at a store simular to combining Sears, Home Depot, Petsmart, and a grocery store under one roof. What an amazing place. I love it here.

Sayonara for now,
Troy

Hot Rod Troy said:
I'm in Japan right now. Tomorrow I'm going to Yokohama to check out a Hot Rod and Custom car show.

Is that the Mooneye show? That event rocks.

I didn't make to the show.  :mad: The directions I got from Google Earth led me to the wrong park.  :-[ On the walk back to the train station I saw a few early 70's Chevy pickups and older Cameros.  They looked like they were done well.  I didn't see any pompadore hair-do's though.  I hope I can make it to the next show, or cruise night. 

http://www.moonequipped.com/index-e.html

Back
Top Bottom