"Woody" a '75 cb750k cafe racer woodgrain paint. Done 4/15!

Re: "Woody" a '75 cb750k cafe racer with woodgrain paint

here's a few more photos to get us up to date.

The factory throttle shaft seals were pretty loose so I wanted to fix that. I haven't seen a solution online but I figured I'd give some rubber grommets a go. The fit is nice, not perfect, and they seal on the shafts nicely- maybe a little tight. I added a tiny amount of lithium grease to each grommet to help loosen things up while it breaks in. The grommets are just a hair loose seating in the caps so I rtv'd them in place.
6dXArtB.jpg

Nf5zJgI.jpg

91yr8KY.jpg

vtVUhRm.jpg

one thing I didn't care for about the power arc is there is no way to really hold the crank at tdc while you tighten the nut on the end of the trigger wheel. I just used some loctite and tightened it as much as I could before I thought the crank would start spinning.
u8kkF7w.jpg

WaLFTue.jpg

tucking the wiring as best as I could and I made some 3d printed holders for the overflow hoses to keep it all tidy.

mZJu5ME.jpg

H7uARgx.jpg

points cover is now looking nice

Wow! just read all this. Fantastic work fella. totally awesome.

The bike is "finished" aside from a few things to sort out after riding it a bit. Isn't that how it always is? I went to the Raleigh Eurobike show this weekend. I'd like to have the seat done in leather with a real cushion and the front brake needs attention. Possibly an upgrade of the caliper with a custom bracket or overhauling the caliper again. I know the bleed screw is bad.
16518172273_3d188ce255_b.jpg

It was fun talking to everyone at the event and you can imagine it got some attention

You can see more photos of the show on my flickr
https://www.flickr.com/photos/greenkouki/sets/72157651485211757/

Here but I can't remember the title. It was pics from the show and your bike was one of the favorites the photographer took.

Looks awesome man. I really love the subtle Honda logo on the tank. Perfect touch. How do you like riding the Shinko tires?

Thanks. I haven't ridden on them enough to really know! They are touring type tires but at least they are new and beat the heck out of old dry rotten or sketchy vintage style tires. Adding a few more ounces of fork oil really helped the ride too. Stay tuned because I'm starting a build on another 750- I'll post a thread here shortly.

eurobike_post8_1024x1024.png

hi mate quick question did you weld the top yoke were the bar hangers were . And did it not warp too much with heat
Cheers .yozzer

Yozzer, yup just welded at the top enough to fill the holes, then ground down. Drill out the threads before you do it so there's less contamination. If it turns out nice enough maybe you can sand and polish it out. I had to powder coat mine since there were still some specks where you could see where it was filled :-\

RoosterMonkey said:
Top notch build dude. Nice work.

I would second that!

Only thing I would change is to put a nice shorty cone on that exhaust.... or something like it.

Beautiful bike.

I've searched high and low for a long chrome megaphone. Without buying a complete exhaust it seems hard to come by. Any leads??? It's approx. 2.5" outlet off the head pipe.

look up cone engineering. they have a lot of various styles and finish quality is very good so I am told.

Amazing bike! Really fun to read the entire thread, well done sir. I'm new to DTT and this is the coolest build I've seen yet. Fun!

What are the specs and size on that blue fitting you have between the caliper and the line? And do you remember what length line you used? Thanks!

FGKouki said:

Back
Top Bottom