*-*-*-* TX650 *-*-*-*

whitexk said:
clears the swing arm

just speaking from experience not trying to step on your toes, but this was my initial setup and my chain hit the bottom support.

IMG_0839.jpg
No offense taken at all, I love your build and seen what you can do. I actually went to look at what you might have been talking about.And searched for your build, I definetly apreciate all the advice I can get. I see what you mean, my swingarm's lower support is similar to yours.
Thanks, I will definetly check into it tomorrow.

BigR: I was thinking about that as well. I really like center stands, but for my year TX650 they're hard to come by. But I guess I can be patient.

Joe, let me take some better photos of the seat so you can then judge if you really want it.

Whitexk, I will have no problems with my swingarm hitting the chain after all. There is enough clearence.

Joe, here are the pics of the seat. I think it's whackked, could be used as a moldto lay fiberglass though.
IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

I pretty much think it stinks. Could be fixed yes, but I'm going a different route with the seat.

I finally finished grinding off the tabs and what not from the frame. I removed the passenger peg mounts after all. I have a neat idea I will use when I ride with a passenger. I will disclose that later as i progress. I definetly kept the center stand mounts in place as I plan on re integrating those on the bike.Thanks for the tip BigR.
I was going to do a silver frame, then changed my mind to hammertone silver, but decided on high gloss black since that goes with everything. Here are some photos of the progress.
IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

I got my new tires on my wheels too.
IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

Thanks for the compliments Rocan. I am waiting for the frame to be finished by the Powder coaters.
It's been 2 weeks already.
In the meanwhile my buddy Brad took my valve covers and my tripple tree and he cleaned those up soo good.
I cleaned the engine and taped it up and gave it a low gloss black spray. Added the valve covers and it looks ready to get back in the frame. I still have to replace some screws and nuts that have rust in them. then I want to polish up the big side covers
Here are some photos:
IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

Picked up my frame from the powder coaters. I think they did a great job. I wanted something different but not too flashy. I almost went with black, becase it goes with everything but I chose hammertone silver instead. The powder coaters called it Silver veined and they said it was the more durable because of the clear coat on top.
Here are some photos, hope you all like, I know I do..
IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

Damn! Where did you get the braced swingarm? Nice. I know they're out there available for sale, but did you buy it on eBay or did you stumble across it somewhere? Nice. I want one.

Tim said:
Damn! Where did you get the braced swingarm? Nice. I know they're out there available for sale, but did you buy it on eBay or did you stumble across it somewhere? Nice. I want one.
Yeah they're on sale on ebay by Joe wiseguy, you can check them out online at joewiseguy.com I believe. I asked the guy a bunch of questions prior to me buying it. I really liked the look of it. They come powdercoated black, so if you want another color I think you can ask before you buy it.

I also believe they can make an extended one for an aditional fee.

Thralldad: Thanks for the compliment.

That powder job does look very unique. In a good way. Motor turned out really well too!

Great!!! More updates. I don't like writing updates without photos, cause I know how much we all love PHOTOS
So here are some photos of the progress.
I placed the engine on the frame, placed my wheels back on, had to order a new axle, added some bushings to straighten and alings the sprockets. took some photos today. At least the bike it's rolling on it's two wheels again. Will start working on the wiring this week.
Enjoy.

IMG_0876.jpg
IMG_0882.jpg
IMG_0885.jpg
IMG_0886.jpg
IMG_0887.jpg
IMG_0889.jpg

Man that motor looks great in the frame, I am glad to see you did something other than black... that Powder really looks amazing. This is gonna be a sweet scoot! I remember seeing your Seca over at XJbikes, I liked that bike but it really looks like you upped your game for this build. Keep it up!

bobjohnson said:
What kind of tires are you using? I like them.
Those are Dunlop 404's 120 on the back and 100 up front

Thanks for the compliments Von. I would have to say I am half way through. Still have the rear brake linkage to hook up. I can't seem to find where the darn return spring mounts onto.I guess I forgot where it goes. I'll figure it out though, I'm sure. ::)
I want to have this bike finished by the end of april, though I doubt that will happen.

Dakine: thanks, yeah I used to frequent that site more often when I first had the seca, This is my second build \and second bike ever. I just can't seem to leave anything stock. LOL

Do you also have a seca?

xulf13 said:
Do you also have a seca?

Yeah I actually have 3 of them! I had big plans for a winter build but life happened and it had to be put on hold. It's a long story but the end result is I will just have to start it later. If I had started this winter it would have been a half assed attempt at a cafe styled bike. I am going about it differently now, I have don tons of research, and this one should be cool.

I too used to frequent that site... it had good info for motor rebuilds, carb issues, etc. But the Modification forum on there sucked and most bikes were ghetto rigged, and the craftsmanship was shit. Anyway, now I rarely go over there unless someone here can't help... plus with all my seca's I have pretty much seen it all.

Time flies and I've been busy at work doing work so I haven't had time to do the things I want to do on my bike since i work on it when things are slow.
I worked on some tweeking on the seat pan. i need to take it to get upholstered next. I plan on having my wirign done next before i install my lights etc and then move to the carbs and exhaust. This is all the photos I have so far.

I treated the tank just in case, with POR-15 lenghty process but it turned out great.
Got my gauges on there and my clip ons. I made this rubber delete covers for the original handlebar risers, I think they came out good. I used ubber corks and lamp shade threaded pipe to hang the stock gauge brackets.
IMG_1186.jpg

treated tank.
IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

And the awsome Gorilla glue will hold mu bolts in place no doubt.

IMG_1195.jpg

Back
Top Bottom