Speedfiends Camper Redo

Ha, it is a mobile bike shop living space, very cool. I would love to do something like this too. I just have to worry about keeping the weight low enough to haul with my POS X-Trail. What do you think this thing will weigh when completed?

Cheers,

Maritime

I'm trying to put it on a diet. I think it might have weighed about 1700 lbs. Dragging it home, it felt really heavy, but that was likely from year of neglect to the axle. Getting rid of all the old gas appliances, fridge heater, water heater,oven/stove, will lose 400lbs. That damn fridge weighed on ton. A fridge with a motor and spark plug! And I've got some other ideas.

Cool. I think my tow rating is 4000lbs so the trailer plus a couple motor bikes could eat that up quick.

This is such an undertaking. Very inspiring to say the least. I absolutely love that you are doing this. I'll def be following along.

I didn't even know about this until Troy pointed it out. Very very cool. I've toyed with this idea a few times, but never given it serious thought. Definitely looking forward to watching your progress!

Thanks for the support. I have to admit, as I was pulling the walls down, I briefly thought I might be crazy. So thanks for the extra encouragement.

When I got the floor up and got a better look at the axle, I saw that it already has a 4" drop. So, since lowering blocks would drop below the scub line and Z stepping the frame seems a bit much, I guess it'll stay at stock hight.

I have to rip some 2x4 down and then I'll replace the rotten perimiter of the floor structure.
Then I'll have to spend some money on blasting/painting the frame, and new axel and tires.

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been a little busy with the bike show (a huge successs)and fixing the house where a tree fell in a wind storm. But I have gotten back to work. As it sits now, I've got it down to the bare frame, wire brush to remove piant and rust. Nearly ready to start reconstruction. Prolly not gonna make it by June, oh well. Maybe by the end of summer. Pics to come...

I know this might be dead, but it looked like a really cool project. I thought of doing the same thing with an old RV. Are you still working on this thing, did you throw in the towel or are you camping in style?

Back
Top Bottom