73 Kawasaki G3ss 90cc

haha, it sure is. thanks yamaki. i ended up making some clipons with a 10 degree downward angle to the bars. they feel really good. i also ended up buying another 73 g3ss tank with plans of lengthening it. tomorrow i'll be trying to fit a kawasaki s2 front wheel with a twin leading shoe brake setup. the stock brakes just don't perform well enough. i have some updated pics, but my internet connection is a little too slow to try posting everything now. but i'll try to post pics soon.

a kawasaki s2 front rim will not fit g3/4/5 forks. the s2 axle is a larger diameter, the brake mounting tab would need to be re-positioned on the fork tube, and the rim is too wide. it doesn't even clear the fender mounts. looks like i'll be looking for another wheel... anyone have any suggestions?

The older G3's are a bit different than most bikes in the front end, it seems.
The forks only being 24" long means pretty much everything is too long if you decide to swap the whole front end. The closest I found was a CB100-125 that have 27" forks. I'm not sure what the fork spacing on those bikes are though?
I think you know I decided to just go with cast wheels from a 125CBR but I can understand this look isn't for everyone... The axle is bigger on the CBR but plenty of meat in the G3 forks to bore them out.
Physically the wheel is as narrow as the G3 but I haven't even got to the point of mocking it up to know if the disc is going to be an issue...
Alternatively, I know a fella working on a KE 100 that has swapped the whole front end with a KX100... Upside down forks and disk, but I personally don't like the look of 8" of fork above the triple clamp to keep the ride height proper. I'm wondering if there is a relatively cheap way to shorten forks? If so, it might be cheaper to just buy the whole front end of a bike???
Lots of guys with small Honda's here, maybe someone can help you with measurements for determining a good candidate?

Nope, this project has been dropped for the riding season... I'll make another push when the warm weather disappears. :)

it's got new controls off a kdx 80, and wiring has been redone. other than that, no new updates. bought a 74 yamaha rd125 and an 82 kawasaki ar80 which have been getting my attention lately. actually have the g3 up for sale locally

Back
Top Bottom