1976 Honda CB550 project

supercafe said:
hey man,

they are pretty close to the same i believe the colors are different on some wires.
but any way, ask away man. might not have all the answers but might have some.
get some pics up.
later.

Hey thanks a lot man! ill get some pictures up tonight!

no prob man.

glad to help. ya get some pics up. love to see the progress.
what are your plans for the build??
any way, talk to ya later.

supercafe said:
no prob man.

glad to help. ya get some pics up. love to see the progress.
what are your plans for the build??
any way, talk to ya later.

I'm not to sure, i want to build a bobber, but i also want to build a cafe, it's hard to choose.
So lately i've just been cleaning it, what are you doing with your bike?

I need opinions.

- Ryan

How do i get these off? the manifolds aren't coming off either, should i just cut them and get new ones, since they are rubber.

2-3.jpg

Take the clamps off completely. Grab a hair dryer and warm the rubber up. Everything should come right apart. Inspect all the rubber bits carefully, as if any are cracked and leaking they will need to be replaced.

I would loosen all the bolts off as well, off of both sides, carb and engine. then heat as Von said and push down on them to help get them off rather than pulling backwards. Once off wriggle the heck out of them.

jay

hey man,

my 2 cents, if you have the time, skills, and a place and tools. i would go with the bobber, really love them. it will take a longer time to build a bobber than a cafe, i have built both and that is what i found, aswell as the cutting and welding that is included in it. this would all depend on the bike and type of build you are doing.
i might take my cb500 and bob it, next year.
any way, still prob with the carbs???
try taking the clamps all off and heat like von said, just keep the heat low just enough to make it warm.
any way, let me know how it turns out.
later.

supercafe said:
hey man,

my 2 cents, if you have the time, skills, and a place and tools. i would go with the bobber, really love them. it will take a longer time to build a bobber than a cafe, i have built both and that is what i found, aswell as the cutting and welding that is included in it. this would all depend on the bike and type of build you are doing.
i might take my cb500 and bob it, next year.
any way, still prob with the carbs???
try taking the clamps all off and heat like von said, just keep the heat low just enough to make it warm.
any way, let me know how it turns out.
later.

Hey thanks for the idea, That's what i'm leaning towards.
i finally got them off! haha I brought them in to work and some buddies took them off.
I have many questions on how to bob it though.
by the way I ordered some drag bars, a new wire harness, grips throttle sleeve, all came in.

whats up,

get some pics up, i just finished the paint on the bike, will get some pics up soon.
i found a awesome bike cb500 that has been bobbed, really nice job. love it.
any way, i'll try to get some pics on it, really awesome..
later.

grab carb tops and tilt backwards until manifold 'rubber' stretches a little.
If its cold where you are you will need to warm things up. WD40 over everything, may soften intakes slightly?

PJ

Back
Top Bottom