Boneyards

sleventynineR

Life in slow motion at 110 mph
One of my favorite places when I lived in Phoenix was Bob's Used Cycles. Pretty much endless parts and they'll let you rummage through whatever you want.

I haven't found many on this same scale; any hidden gems out there?

Attachments

• IMG_2960.JPG
    IMG_2960.JPG
    442.5 KB · Views: 400
  • SeafabLeadPour059.jpg
    SeafabLeadPour059.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 247
  • CIMG0942.jpg
    CIMG0942.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 1,725
  • hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 517
  • SeafabLeadPour060.jpg
    SeafabLeadPour060.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 2,241
  • 9027793.jpg
    9027793.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 795
Hey my gas tank is in there.................................. :'(

probly at the bottom.......

carnivorous chicken said:
Bob's is awesome, and I miss that place (although I visit every time I'm back in town). Great bunch of guys as well.

But good luck trying to get somebody to answer the phone. I wish they would ship. Yes, a good bunch of guys, very knowledgable. I would love to go in there and build a bike from scratch. Bought a few running bikes over the years from them. Even had some title issues that they helped me out with.

sleventynineR said:
But good luck trying to get somebody to answer the phone. I wish they would ship. Yes, a good bunch of guys, very knowledgable. I would love to go in there and build a bike from scratch. Bought a few running bikes over the years from them. Even had some title issues that they helped me out with.

They're always busy. I've got a couple of the guys' private numbers and I just call them directly. And they ship stuff to me when I ask, and they let me get first crack at bikes when they come in (they know what I'm after). But I've been going there since 1997. I also was the official at one of their weddings! They will ship if you ask nicely -- they also sell stuff on Ebay occasionally.

carnivorous chicken said:
They're always busy. I've got a couple of the guys' private numbers and I just call them directly. And they ship stuff to me when I ask, and they let me get first crack at bikes when they come in (they know what I'm after). But I've been going there since 1997. I also was the official at one of their weddings! They will ship if you ask nicely -- they also sell stuff on Ebay occasionally.
I hate you....but in the nicest possible way.

Ha! They're good folks, sometimes they just take a little while to warm up to you, and they've got to deal with MMI dickheads who go in there and try to steal shit, along with people who hop the fence at night and try to throw shit over so they can sell for scrap. There are a couple other gems in AZ -- I know a guy who raced BSA and Indian flat trackers in the 1950s who has a private boneyard of about 40 bikes and misc parts, plus his BSA and Indian racing bikes... crazy old coot, good dude, but don't be bummed, I've picked over most of it. That yard up in Rye went up in flames a couple years ago, but he's still got plenty of stuff. Trouble is, he charges insane prices and gets pissed when you tell him you can find shit for half that cost on Ebay. I think it's a meth front. 18 years ago he wasn't so crazy. I was working on a CB350F, and needed exhaust. He had a set of 400F and stock 350F exhaust, both in excellent shape, and he wanted $150 for each. I got the 400F, but should have gotten both. When I went back two years later to get it, he wanted $400. I laughed at him. But $400 would still have been a good deal...

I remeber when the place in Rye went up in flames. There's also a pretty good yard in Tucson. Trouble is, I can't seem to find yard like these anywhere else. There is one guy in Chico that is similar to the Rye yard, but that's about the best I've found (he's got good prices still btw). I've been to the ones in LA-yeah, East LA- but they're mostly new stuff and mainly scrap metal.

Back
Top Bottom