** PICS OF MEMBERS RIDES ** - Official Before & After Thread

beautiful man! What's that hoop on the front wheel, a brace? Can you put a pic of that up?

Love,love,love the front brake! Looks like you may have some pipe polishing to do. Nice pictures!

heres the before & afters of my CB450,still not quite finished,but close...

Attachments

• CB450 as bought.jpg
    CB450 as bought.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 230
That is an awesome build!! I know of a cheap and very good project like this with lots of parts. To bad its so heavy it will probarbly fall through the floor in my shed ;)

How does it handle??

pawn said:
beautiful man! What's that hoop on the front wheel, a brace? Can you put a pic of that up?

Yep - that's a fork brace - old school style. MikesXS sells them new specifically for the XS650. I'm running a Suzuki GT750 4LS front hub laced into a rear XS650 shouldered alloy rim with stainless Buchanan spokes/nipples.

IMG_0780.jpg

cb550fcafe said:
Love,love,love the front brake! Looks like you may have some pipe polishing to do. Nice pictures!

I don't think this is gonna buff out ;)

KillBoyDealsGap1.jpg

bikerdude73 said:
That is an awesome build!! I know of a cheap and very good project like this with lots of parts. To bad its so heavy it will probarbly fall through the floor in my shed ;)

How does it handle??

A lot different than my CB350F, you can definately tell the weight is there, smooth and solid in the curves. You better be ready when you twist your wrist.... she accelerates like mad! ;D

Hondagurlee's 1st bike rebuild.
1975 Honda CB200T.First thing I did was mod the tank.You know how the cb200t had that fake leather center strip.GONE....being a newbie I used a ton of BONDO to fill that center strip.
(have since taken 2nd cb200t tank and welded that center strip.)I am lucky to have an awesome friend who had a machine shop.Lucky for me.I remade the engine side side covers you know the ones that said HONDA.I took an image of Ladybiker and engraved .I also engraved my forks with my nickname "Loopy" and my rear brake thingy.
I striped the paint off and grinded all the crapy jap welds from the factory.Nice and smooth now.The head light ears were damaged/bent to hell.What I did was take scrap metal tube that was once used as a handgrab rail for a firetruck .
Then cut new fork ears and welded them to rail.Ok that was a trip in its self.Cutting anything with a bandsaw is scary.
I had to get rid of that HUGE tail light and replaced it with a tear drop one.Also re wired the bike.OMG that was super stressfull.
The most impressive thing is what Ive done to the engine.Ive hand polished it to a chrome like SHINE!!! Way cool.
Had another friend who owns a autobody shop shoot the parts in a very GURLY purple/pink.Its a girly thang.
Then I wanted to do something with that seat,OMG.Took the leather off cut down the foam kinda cafe looking but not like I want it.I recovered it in .....Crushed velvet! HAHAHA Like I sad its a GURLEE bike.I call it Gurlee cause my name is Lisa been called Lee at times and soooo that how gurlee came to be.Anyways,next mod will be to make a cafe looking tail/seat.Think that will be this winters project.Now if 66 Sprint would just help me out with that ...Ill be a happy camper.I think the funnest thing about my 1st rebuild was in less then 8 hr after the last nut and bolt was turned,MY BELOVED Honda CB200T took First Place at the local BIKE show.Hell this bike has even been to the Washington DC International Bike show.Did I mention it was the centerfold artical in the VJMC mag.I just wanted ya to know there are women out here who also LOVE old bikes and Im one of em.Once I figure out how to post pics I have a ton of them . ;D

Attachments

• Bike in the yard 1.jpg
    Bike in the yard 1.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 283
Back
Top Bottom