** PICS OF MEMBERS RIDES ** - Official Before & After Thread

Sold it back to the guy I bought the bike from. The tank leaked and I didn't feel good about selling it to someone else. That paid for the new seat, tank rear sets, headlight/bucket and gauges.

Cafe Redneck said:
Snip....... I'm agreeing with Pete, the seat bump a little big. I'll live with it till after Barber.

Thats what I call a "rider's" tail section. Because it extends past the rear wheel, acting as a fender. First time you get caught in the rain you will appreciate it (but will be cursing your air filters).

Big Rich said:
Thats what I call a "rider's" tail section. Because it extends past the rear wheel, acting as a fender. First time you get caught in the rain you will appreciate it (but will be cursing your air filters).

Yeah I'm in two minds on it now... at first I thought it was too big, then a different angle said it was good... but I gotta agree with Rich on that point, will be very helpful in the rain!

I have no dramas with my pods in the rain though... hasn't missed a beat but that could also be due to the fact I have only two and they're further in behind my knees than on the four cylinder GS'...

Ive ridden in some torrential downpours with pods on my XS and it behaved no worse then it did with the original airboxes. gotta put bags over the pods when I park though :)

Thats for the info guys. I've seen first hand water in the engine can do. I've seen someone on here do a plexiglass gaurd between the frame in front of the rear wheel. that should help some. plus it keeps whit the clean look. Running K&N pods also.

I think it was Revheadgl that did something like that.......and T71ford did something creative with Isadora too........

veloracermike said:
Started out like this (it was a lot rougher than it looks here) the bike had some issues and I wanted a more traditional Cafe look rather than a track oriented look
imagezzz.jpg

Now it's got the look that I was after.
3quarterfront.jpg

sidebm.jpg

3quarter.jpg

frontqo.jpg

this turned out awesome i am ultra impressed is there a build thread???

My 1984 GSX 400E "Cafe-Zuki"

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,174
  • During.jpg
    During.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 1,298
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 237
liked these shots too...

Attachments

• After2.jpg
    After2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 251
  • After3.jpg
    After3.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 1,687
  • 535877_331250420264665_183232025_n.jpg
    535877_331250420264665_183232025_n.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 244
Just "finished" my build last week-ish. It's a '72 CB750. Anyways here's some b&a shots :D

5911db96.jpg

cd1ad45e.jpg

Only good pic from the early stages

nadinesvist1014-1.jpg

And here it is now. The bike took a tumble while I was lowering the forks, so the tank has some "character" now :p

33c3007f.jpg

My first build, a '73 CB125

Before:
imagejpeg_0.jpg

After: (Still a few details to sort out)
DSCN1074.jpg

DSCN1075.jpg

Nice bike, I bet it makes a great daily driver. Still looks somewhat stock but trimmed down some.

Yamatech said:
Nice bike, I bet it makes a great daily driver. Still looks somewhat stock but trimmed down some.

Thanks mate! Yep, great daily driver, every day to work and back... she's also heaps of fun on the weekend in the twisties :D

It's finally finished! Geez Pete, only took what? 10 years? :D

Seriously though man, I love your bike. Every time I see it I think "That's what Suzuki should have made." Congrats!!

Big Rich said:
It's finally finished! Geez Pete, only took what? 10 years? :D

Seriously though man, I love your bike. Every time I see it I think "That's what Suzuki should have made." Congrats!!

Hahaha thanks Rich! Actually... it was Feb 2002 when it went off the road... December 2011 it went back on the road... but June 2012 before I considered her "finished"... so that breaks the 10 year barrier... :eek: My thread on the GSR now has 2343 replies and over 40000 views... that's a tad embarrassing... hahaha

So between us we have the GS scrambler Suzuki should've made and the GR cafe Suzuki should've made... and if you finish off the dirty girl you'll also have the GR dual sport Suzuki should've made! A right pair we make 'ey? :D

Back
Top Bottom