** PICS OF MEMBERS RIDES ** - Official Before & After Thread

This 1978 Kawasaki Kz 650 took a little longer to complete than I had planned.

The garage didn't warm back up until March, then the humidity, or temp was to high to

paint. Then end result turned out pretty well and the project kept me out of the bars.

BEFORE

DURING

AFTER

My 1979 KZ650SR

1233485_696616270352428_1572859736_n.jpg

Build thread: (sorry, a bunch of the early photos are dead, but the good stuff is there)
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=25173.0

-43mm cartridge forks ('89 ZX-7)
-17x3.5 and 17x5.5 spoked wheels and 320mm Brembos from a Ducati Sport Classic GT1000
-handmade stainless pie-cut header with Megs Quiet-Core reverse cone
-handmade twin tube stainless steel swing arm with handmade aluminum eccentric chain adjusters
-clip on mounts blended into upper triple for flush look
-GPz750 tail cowl
-handmade seat pan
-reshaped ZX-7 front fender and handmade stainless fender stays
-Moore Sensible remote oil filter upgraded to A/N lines/fittings
-twin gas shocks
-SV650 headlight
-plenty more :)

Dude, the KZ is REALLY nice. 8)

I dig that a lot. Nice work indeed.

I'd love to hear it running..............got any small Youtube clips?

Yes! That KZ! I'm suddenly motivated to get my project 78 out. It's a really unique build, radical yet instantly recognizable.

Thanks for the love guys. If you didn't all ready, check out the build thread for lots of good detail shots of the stellar fab my boys did.

ILoveThumpers said:
Yeah you can really lighten up a bike taking off the fenders and brakes. ::)

-Deek
Deek..... how about the lighter seat, alloy tank, chain guard, steel side covers, and exhaust system along with the fenders and rear brakes (which you don't really need anyway). Just wondering Deek....... how many bikes have you built....... ;) ;) ;)

Fellow Builders, I certainly appreciate all the good vibes ! I don't currently have a U Tube of the Kz 650 running, but that Vance & Hines 4 into 1 is period and the bike pulls very well.

Bike was built around a donated engine, stuff from my spare parts collection and several other 'donations'.
Before:

and after:

My supermoto/scrambler 72 honda sl350 repsol.

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    754.4 KB · Views: 228
Heres one of mine. 1976 Goldwing GL1000. Some of the more interesting highlights:
- Chopped back of frame off and built monoshock suspension
- Reshaped top end of frame to suit a real gas tank (the tanks normally under the seat on wings)
- All parts and fabrication was done using scrap metal layin around in the shop. (the dash, had to chop up the underside of the split tanks and reshape/weld to fit, rewired all electronics, at one point i was running a single solex vw carb and made an intake manifold for it, made new airbox, god the list is long)

I have a full build thread if anyone wants to see every step of the way.

Before:
Before.jpg

After:
After.jpg

Greetings. The before and after of my SRX

Attachments

• new.JPG
    new.JPG
    337.8 KB · Views: 281
  • daily ride 002.JPG
    daily ride 002.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 269
durp said:
Heres one of mine. 1976 Goldwing GL1000. Some of the more interesting highlights:
- Chopped back of frame off and built monoshock suspension
- Reshaped top end of frame to suit a real gas tank (the tanks normally under the seat on wings)
- All parts and fabrication was done using scrap metal layin around in the shop. (the dash, had to chop up the underside of the split tanks and reshape/weld to fit, rewired all electronics, at one point i was running a single solex vw carb and made an intake manifold for it, made new airbox, god the list is long)

I have a full build thread if anyone wants to see every step of the way.

Before:
Before.jpg

After:
After.jpg

Nice!!!

Back
Top Bottom