** PICS OF MEMBERS RIDES ** - Official Before & After Thread

leftlaneguy said:
In response to the wheel question; They are the only set. Custom-made prototypes. they use Talon-type hubs, with Yamaha carriers. Welded rim halves, and billet spoke junctions.

Liar

I had those same rims on My Huffy BMX bike

j/k ;)

leftlaneguy said:
In response to the wheel question; They are the only set. Custom-made prototypes. they use Talon-type hubs, with Yamaha carriers. Welded rim halves, and billet spoke junctions.

Some people get all the fun bits......nice wheels Mr.Wizard.

heres my before, 81 cb650

Attachments

• b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 219
1965 Honda CB160 - Took about 1 year to finish the project. Still have a few loose items to take care of, but done for the most part.

Before

CB160-1.jpg

During

CB16013.jpg

After

CafeCB160.jpg

beautiful bike!!!!!^^^ i have a cb160 project of my own :). Are you from Lossa Eng.???? i am going to make my way to Long Beach and give you guys a visit, would love to check out your work.

Thanks for compliment. I actually had Jay from Lossa do most of the work. He does great work and attention to detail is like none other. It took about a year to build and I wasn't in a rush. It gave me time to get the funds for it as well. Pay him a visit if you have time. He is currently working on my wife's Honda Cl125A. Should be done this summer.

irace2win41 said:
Did a few more updates, new GSXR1000 rearsets, jet kit, rings, rear shocks, filters, rebuilt carbs, some minor detailing. Still a few more items to go. Hopefully this shows that the 79-82s are still worth building a cafe out of.

Before:
79CB750Before.jpg

After:
1979HondaCB750003.jpg

1979HondaCB750001.jpg

1979HondaCB750004.jpg

That's a truly awesome transformation from where it started. You did a fantastic job bringing it back to life.

JohnnyC said:
While not a cafe bike, this is my CD175 K3 commuter.

The story goes that I swapped an old Datsun ute to my dad for a boxful of CD175 and some cash. I 'lent' the boxful of bike to my brother, on the proviso that he assemble it and give it to me free and clear when he was done.

64_320.jpg

The bike was thrown together in a couple weeks and used by my bro for about a year in fairly rough stock form, including perished to buggery tyres. Except for the extreme custom spray bomb paint job.

DSC00864.jpg

He was riding over to mine and the engine stopped. The wife was despatched with trailer and the bike was delivered, as he was now done with it.

I had a play around and got it going, but htought that some cleaning up was required. The motor has CB cam, 37mm carb (from 22mm) CB 5 speed gear set (from 4 speed) and 2 into 1 pipes. some nice Fiat Patero Verde (field green) paint and white pin stripes, drag bars and a good going over and it's a reliable, classic commuter

18-01-091.jpg

A cafe bike is on the build, a CB175 just to keep it in the family, currently a rolling frame and tank, but not too far away, pics soon.

+ 1 on this bike i like it alot i have always been down for khaki green or earth tone colors period i'm still deciding on what color for my bike. the tank is the candy orange and i love it because i know it will pop but we will see what happens

ace 160 said:
1965 Honda CB160 - Took about 1 year to finish the project. Still have a few loose items to take care of, but done for the most part.

CafeCB160.jpg

Love it - awesome looking bike. Those aren't the stock carb intakes are they?

borzwazie- the bike is clean i was thinking about going with a polished tank but i am really diggin the original orange tha is on the tank now.

borzwazie said:

Wow, that's fantastic. Hey, is that the stock fork with a couple of caliper mounting tabs welded on for the modern front brake? I was thinking of doing something like that. Maybe some closeups?

'78 CB750F forks and caliper, stock trees, '79 CB750K wheel hub and axle, CB900F rotor. bolt-on. lowered the forks approx 2" via the original CB450 fork springs and a pvc spacer on the piston.

Back
Top Bottom