*DONE* Road Pig build : for Joey cocks forum member (vid and pics at close)

JRK5892

Over 1,000 Posts
well Joe got his bike in... we are doing a tear down, lots of powder, custom wiring, and a monster 21 front wheel with a 140 wrapping it... convertion from duel single piston rotor to a single 6 piston rotor and caliper as well... should be dope... here are some pics

before:
4.jpg

after we did the first round last summer
6-2-10.jpg

and here we go for this round!

tire wrapped in rubber
REDO1.jpg

first round of powder ready to go from the front end

REDO3.jpg

and a rough mock up of the big wheel
REDO2.jpg

Re: Road Pig build : for Joey cocks forum member

These things always surprise me how goddamn big they are. Looking forward to your touches.

Love the big-ass front wheel and the beefy spokes. What brand wheels are those? I have heard of some people having issues with DNAs and a few other brands..

It is a DNA...w hat issues have you heard? we install DNA all the time... did all DNA front and rear on this night train not to long ago... never had any issues. only reason i would not go DNA on mine is they come sealed... nice cuase you do not need a tire strip or a tube on a spoke rim... however you can not powder them unless you strip all that sealant off an that is a bitch!
lrg-320-sta71557.jpg

the issues I have heard are with the fat spokes (well really just sealed spoke wheels in general). Here are a few online posts but I know of 2 shops that have had constant issues with the fat spoked wheels...that being said, I love the look myself and I think adding a tube would prob just solve most of the issues..
http://harleytechtalk.org/htt/index.php?topic=23072.0
http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82893
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/607375-fat-spokes-4.html

got the lower shaved as we are not going to run duel calipers only a sinlge 6 piston
afg85k.jpg

all ground down and smooth (looks like it was never there)
6svzif.jpg

blasted ready for powder
1zlsytt.jpg

first bit of powder shot!
2vxp1si.jpg

Lots of potential in that beast broseph, I can't wait to see what you do to her. The front fender makes me want to see one done all art deco fantasy, like League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Maybe not this over the top, but the engraved air filter and lights... yup.
936full-the-league-of-extraordinary-gentlemen-screenshot.jpg

i love that idea! if it was my bike iw ould run with it (love the cars, boats, and ornate work in that movie)
good idea for a future king build!

Lookin good so far, mate. No surprise there tho.

it is a 140, huge tire! Hog pro makes some adapters that move and lift the fender so that it can still be used... got those for this project already

got the front end started back together
REDO5-1.jpg

did a .5 drop but i think i am going to tear it down again and ditch the drop completely... too close... we are fine wiht 3 in of travel but anythign under that and we will have contact
REDO7.jpg

3.25 or 3.5 but i am pretty sure it is 3.25 off hand... Metzler made the tire for this style rim... i have the same size rim on my dyna but i run a 120x21 metzler... the 140 is fatty fatty

here is the 21x3.25 jirah rim i used on my bike, laced to the stock hub and used stock 19 spokes just a wider lace pattern. i wrapped mine in a 21x120 metzler me880... awesome tires!
the rims are cheap like $40 bucks... the wheel we are using on this road king... not so cheap but it is a nice fatty spoke DNA. nice wheel all around
wait till you see the rotor and caliper combo after i get them on tonight!
216579_10150169336053073_594008072_6780415_4269818_n.jpg

208400_10150169335893073_594008072_6780408_5160666_n.jpg

that jireh rim 40 spoke? want a wide 21 to lace my 75 cb550 hub to

yes sir... but it uses stock 19 spokes to lace it... here is a link to purchase. the lace pattern is diff it does not cross as agressive
part number 30-50
http://www.jirehcycles.com/
i run a 120/70/21

main worry i hae on a Cb is that it will clear the tubes and caliper

drum and goin on rear. doin 23x1.65 on front. thats a whole helluva lot better than this price
RSPUNWM621U SPIN WERKES WM6 (3.50) x 21" BARE STEEL RIM $212.00

ya will be fine then... 23 up front... doing a rake i take it then to clear

slightly. i have been throwin a frame around in my head when i was doin the kz. bad thing is its a LOT like troys. i dont everybody thinkin i bit off him ya know. so gonna change some things here and there

Back
Top Bottom