*DONE* Road Pig build : for Joey cocks forum member (vid and pics at close)

Re: Road Pig build : for Joey cocks forum member

i would not go over 3* from stock man, with that 23 the bike that light is going to be a bear to handle... when we do 23's on touring bikes we typically do 3* rake cups. even then the bike handles like crap but looks cool :)
dig the 21 in back idea... a while back i saw a sporty rocking duell 21's front and rear looked wicked gives it a very cool flat tracker style.. may want to even look into useing a sporty front end and hubs... will help wiht looks, ease, and control running a thicker 20w oil and some progressive springs to beef up the front.

i tossed that idea too. i just like the stepup look. i have a 23" and 21 dirtbike wheel. ill have to play. dual 21 may not look too bad. a 21/120 or 140 with a 21 90/90

shit bro sorry totally jackin your thread

no worries man, it is here to help bud... you running that 82 xr rim? i think that is what the 23 dirtbike rim is i am thinking of... hahaha funny i almost ran the same thing on my CB350 bob... but went 21 instead... should look good man but i think the 23 may be a bit big for that set up when you take in the side wall the tire will have ya know

hell for 40 bucks a rim running a 140x21 in back and a 21x120 up front would look insane and handle really well!

touche. so i could run both of them tires on the same size rim?

hmmmmm *strokin the goatee* would the 140 clear the chain though?

guess i could always pull the wheel to the right a smidge or run 750 offset sprockets

well since i am waiting on the 2 top out springs to come in... i moved back... got the rear fender rails and upper frame covers blasted and coated... after today i shuld have 99% of the gloss black parts coated and ready to rock
REDO8.jpg

quick mock up
looks way way better in the black
REDO9.jpg

my springs should come in today so wiht any luck i can get that fatty wheel on there tonight!

rest of the big stuff in gloss black is done, the light bar, headlight cover, lights, trim rings... good to go on gloss black. have texture black to shoot next roudn then powder is all done...
got to wire up the light bar and new front turn sigs now
a48tih.jpg

ooh ya all the bolts and nuts are coated as well

pulled the lowers apart again and put in the new top out spring... also cut a .5 spacer to preload the shock to stiffen it up a bit to ensure that fender does not bang, this is internal so it will not effect the ride height, and should help with dive in turns
f0ym8z.jpg

went with a Type E fork oil, thick and heavy duty
2yu0g01.jpg

pulled off the stock 2 disk brake line, rebent and routed a single brake line
x279yg.jpg

made a clip and drilled it so i could tap it under the tree to keep things clean
20uel21.jpg

rotor bolts Before
2mhu6wz.jpg

after the buffing wheel had at them
10ia49f.jpg

rotor on and wheel in place
2z4d6yt.jpg

spacers are way way way off... DNA of course does not sell them... may have to go into the machine shop to make my own. Gonna contact my buddy mitch to see if i can use his lathe to turn them down. they are too short to fit in my gravity saw, and too much material needs to be removed for me to turn them on the belt sander...
10rmg46.jpg

Very cool Joe. Beautiful work as always. I like the clip under the tree. Not sure why I've never thought of that. I'll def. be stealing that idea for sure...Hope you don't mind

steal away brother steal away! hope i can get on the lathe this week some time to get them broke down to size... slap the headlight cover on, new rubber on back, then jut have to coat the floor boards and controls and she is done! have big plans for my bob again so i hve to get moving!
plus i think i am going to buy wifey the new sporty 48' so i could use the extra $ aas well! hahahaha

All the powder and the massive front wheel look great!
I actually really like the way the front end looks!

getting there, front end about buttoned up, just spun the new spacers on the layth so i can install them
REDO12.jpg

6 piston looks tuff!
REDO11.jpg

pulled the rear wheel
29lb5gh.jpg

installed the new tire and cleaned up the rim
2q222y0.jpg

swapping a new brake line that ran dot 4 so i removed and flushed the master with denature alch so no issues as well as all the lines
11rxdzp.jpg

That front caliper looks badass! Are you going to run fat spokes in the back too?

no point... we are swapping to extended hard bags, you will never see it. be a waste of money with the reg spokes you will never know the diff

Back
Top Bottom