13-1/4" marzocchi strada shocks

xb33bsa

Over 1,000 Posts
i picked these up a while back was going to use them but went a different direction
they were not leaking but i still felt they should be looked at and freshened up
internals are in outstanding shape ,there was very little wear even the original fluid was still somewhat clear
the seals were like new, chrome rods perfect
so i cleaned everything up including disassembly of the foot valves and piston valving
fresh oil and a 45 lb charge of nitrogen
they have a nice smooth action
70lbs/in spring rate with about 1" of preload
the ends accept 10mm bolts
they do show some age patina all original paint
$250 + the ride

Attachments

• zokes 1.jpg
    zokes 1.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 1,203
  • zokes 2.jpg
    zokes 2.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 484
  • zokes 5.jpg
    zokes 5.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 418
  • zokes 3.jpg
    zokes 3.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 366
  • zokes 4.jpg
    zokes 4.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 871
Is that an adjust ment for compression damping on the reservoir? Is there an adjustment for rebound?

8ball said:
Is that an adjust ment for compression damping on the reservoir? Is there an adjustment for rebound?

nossir just a screw to help purge air during fluid filling and of course the shrader valve for the bladder
according to the manual there are 4 dif damping settings by changing a valve shims as far as i can asertain they are set up with damping to match the spring rate which the shock comes with i do believe that is the number the manual speaks of 1 2 3 4 settings by a shim warsher change and the number on the sticker
they are a very crude simple shock internally,tiny piston moving a bare trikle of fluid they aint ohlins or a fox factory shock that is for sure
i would put them a notch below boge mulhollands but they sure look the gooses gizzard ;) the eyetallians got class

I had a pr. exactly like them on a 75' RD350 and rode it coast to coast across the USA w/ Lot's of luggage on the back:they worked Great and were comfortable too.I needed to rebuild them after only 760 miles from new which baffled me.. the seals were leaking around the chrome shafts.This was in 1987';I got seals kits w/ some 5wt. oil from a local hydraulic shop in New Haven,Ct. where I lived at the time and ever since replacing the seals they were tight and leak free.I used the multi-language instructions that came with the shocks and they gave enough info,barely.

yup
actually there is nothing wrong with simplicity if it functions well
the issue i have heard about and it happened to these when i was cleaning is the dang foot valve is very tuchy i meab blo a shot of air thru it and this little warsher dealy gets all kicked outta whack,it get totally upset and out of position rendering a large part of the action messed up .of course i noticed it and it took a fair bit of brain cells to get it right sittin' again im here t tell ya
but it seems it can even happen on a shock that is being used and can cause the comp damping to be harsh to say the least ....oh and sale pending ;)
just be glad you havent got 8 or ten pairs of konis like i do :-[ ??? each one will put ya in a mind coma the tediousness of the task has no equal :'( they can fetch good money though
if i could just figger out a way to melt the glue out of the innards :-\

Back
Top Bottom