CB 750 K2 electrical break down

aminemed

Hi

I installed (or at least tried) to install the m flash from motogadget as per the instructions in the attached picture, for a CB 750K2: m flash 12v wire with bike 12v and then ground with ground but I did it wrongly. Instead I hooked bike black wire with m flash black wire and motorcycle gray wire (turn signal main - going to flash relay) with m flash red wire then....boom! No more lights, no more electrical start at all in the bike even when I removed the m flah and went back to my original wiring scheme with my old flasher. Any thoughts on what happened ? (i changed the fuse), but now it's a total black out ! Engine turns over though, i can hear it, but go no ignition at all and no lights at all.

Attachments

• m flash.jpg
    m flash.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 807
Only the one fuse on the bike? If there are more fuses, you might want to check them, too.

That's what I thought, so I wanted to be sure.

Time to start tracing wires with your multimeter. With the ignition switch on, all of the black wires should have 12V on them. Start at the ignition switch and work your way through the harness. The point between where you find power and you have no power are problem areas. It is possible that some wires were cooked along with the fuse when it went.

Back
Top Bottom