Total newbie

gonerpete

If you are reading this buy me tacos
Hi from Peter, Paterson. Glad to join in the community, I found it super useful while lurking. I'm actually thinking about going into bikes but I know almost nothing (but I tried riding twice :)) So will be reading hard

Welcome and high fives from Montreal mate. Do what I did and dive right in - best way to learn is get your hands all kinds of dirty

Thank you guys for the warm welcome!

VonYinzer said:
Welcome to DTT officially. What kind of bike are you looking to start out with?
I've been thinking of Suzuki GS450 (caught sight of it in the local garage and quite liked it). Should it be okay for starters?

gonerpete said:
Thank you guys for the warm welcome!
I've been thinking of Suzuki GS450 (caught sight of it in the local garage and quite liked it). Should it be okay for starters?

It will be OK as far as a learner bike goes (not too heavy / powerful, etc) but they are getting quite old now so if you want a bike that will be less hassle reliability wise maybe look at a newer GS500 or 300/500 Ninja as an option. More time riding, less time wrenching. Important when you are learning IMHO.

hillsy said:
It will be OK as far as a learner bike goes (not too heavy / powerful, etc) but they are getting quite old now so if you want a bike that will be less hassle reliability wise maybe look at a newer GS500 or 300/500 Ninja as an option. More time riding, less time wrenching. Important when you are learning IMHO.

Fair enough, it does make sense. Thank you for the hint, will check out Ninja too

Back
Top Bottom