1969 Triumph 250 big single

Tifun

Indy
Early this summer I picked this bike up; it's in remarkable shape honestly and will only need a very mild restoration. Plans a super basic and simple, fix it, clean it and ride it. This thread will be the progress of that... progression.

10764621196_33f94e9380_z.jpg

10764640004_f697d90365_z.jpg

First thing I've ran into is this... Are the bikes positive earth or negative? Seems as though this may not be the way it's suppose to be :|
10764560105_5d3501e1d6_z.jpg

When I got it the upper triple was busted and the front fork cover and headlight ear suffer damage. Luckily the forks are straight. The accident also caused one of the ears that holds the carb to the cylinder jug to break off. I am unsure how I am going to go about the repair thus yet. I've already purchased a few minor items like carb kit and a new upper tree. It's time to really get into it and clean it up for spring. I'm thinking this may be the bike I take down to the Thaw.

10764636936_193531cdfd_z.jpg

10764655254_f9c24c20ca_z.jpg

And of course a shameless showoff pic :p
10764631244_9e9b6e5dce_z.jpg

Love,
Keith

SONIC. said:
Wow nice one.
Ill watch

Thanks, I can't wait to actually ride it. I've been staring at it all summer. I've just been preoccupied with other bikes. Now that I've opened up thwe workbench I plan to try and have it ready pretty quickly... At least running before the end of the month.

-Keith

cxman said:
it should be positive ground that looks right

right on! When I was pulling the battery my mind had a mild panic attack "oh fuck" but then I remember that it's British and probably wrong lol.

Tifun said:
That was my $100 Mid Ohio find. It could have been yours if you would have driven 1 state over :p

The Triumph is rad. And I'll double your money on the DT. Just bring it to the Thaw. :)

SONIC. said:
Ill give 201 for the DT 8)

I wont go a dollar over $15

I plan to do a pretty big stupid money pit build with the DT. I've been collecting parts since I bought it. I doubt I'll have it ready by the Thaw. If I do it will be my chariot.

15.99 it is then. Bring it to the thaw and me and Von can fight over who gets to pay you for it.

Tifun said:
Goddamn Obamacare and these contractual internet agreements!

Sounds about right.
Especially the ninja edits after the agreements ;) hahah

Sonic, you son of a... ;)

Anyhow, seriously looking forward to seeing the Trumpet in person in May man. Ill try to make sure Brad doesn't torch it or push it off a cliff.

I started working on my cylinder jug repair. I plan to try and get the carb on maybe later tonight and maybe try to get it started tomorrow evening.

Cool project, is that the same as teh Cub, I seem to remember the small single cylinder Triumph was a 200 Cub? Of course it has been 45 years since I saw one at the dealership and I had a friend in high school who had one, I think?

Cub was an all Triumph design and was a competitor to the BSA C15 (250cc). Once Triumph and BSA merged, they developed C15 replacements including the Victor 441 and C25 250.

The bike in this thread is a Triumph badged C25 for all intents and purposes and its ancestors were BSA's C series rather than the T20 Cub and earlier T15 Terrier.

All the above used to be abused and fitted with high compression pistons and hot cams and sweptback pipes and so on. What on earth were we all smoking back then? LOL

Back
Top Bottom