78 kz400 cafe build

What color should I paint my headlight bucket?????

• Red

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • White

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Silver

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Silver with red and white stripes (match tank)

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My exhaust came in the mail today. Dime city was really cool about getting me a new muffler. The first one had a big dent in it from shipping. They were super quick, and helpful A+. I also got some engine paint and I picked up some valve lapping compound. Once my gaskets get here I will start tearing down the power plant. Sean at Roc City Cafe just put my SS clip on bars in the mail. He was also very nice to deal with. I needed my bars a little longer than the ones they normally make. He just sent me an E-mail and said he finished them and, they are on their way. The UPS guy will be getting to know my house quite well in the next few days.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 250
So are you painting the can? (sorry if you said you were or were not going to earlier in the thread) Wondering how it will "stick" to the chrome...

No, I will be leaving the can chome. I'm wrapping the headers in black.

MotorbikeBruno said:
So are you painting the can? (sorry if you said you were or were not going to earlier in the thread) Wondering how it will "stick" to the chrome...

More goodies came in the mail today!!! New points, SS bolt kit and my new SS bars

Attachments

• parts 002.JPG
    parts 002.JPG
    423.1 KB · Views: 241
I polished my master cylinder tonight. Its still needs a little work, but it looks much better than it did. I think I have arthritis in my fingers now. ;D It was a major pain.

Attachments

• master 002.JPG
    master 002.JPG
    368.6 KB · Views: 253
That master looks great man. Keep it up. I'm living vicariously through you because I can't work on mine right now...or should I say I need to get some of my friends bikes outta my space so I can work on mine!

I picked up this book now I can start my tear down (if my gaskets ever get here) I can put it back together. My son was helping me but he started reading his fovorite magazine and fell asleep.

Attachments

• book 001.JPG
    book 001.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 264
  • sleep 001 - Copy.JPG
    sleep 001 - Copy.JPG
    235.4 KB · Views: 281
haha he's got the right ideas already... half naked chicks, motorcycles, and something to hold while taking a nap. nice.

I tore down my rear wheel and polished the hub I painted the inside with VHT wrinkle paint. I am polishing the spokes and nipples in a brass tumbler (Thanks Epic Retry) This is an expirament. They have been in there about an hour and so far they look great. If it works it sure will beat doing them by hand, one at a time. I also have the top tree sitting in paint stripper waiting to be polished.
hubahuba001.jpg
hubahuba002.jpg
hubahuba003.jpg
hubahuba004.jpg
hubahuba005.jpg
hubahuba006.jpg
hubahuba007.jpg
hubahuba008.jpg

Where'd you snag the tumbler? Seems like a great way to do that and the spokes on my new project will desperately need it...

My dad and I use it for realoading amunition. Most sprorting goods stores will be able to order them. Blue Press or Natchez would be another good place to look.

valvesprung said:
Where'd you snag the tumbler? Seems like a great way to do that and the spokes on my new project will desperately need it...

Got the rear all laced up and ready for rubber. The nipples and spokes turned out great after a few hours in the tumbler.
lace001.jpg
lace002.jpg
lace003.jpg
lace004.jpg
lace005.jpg
lace006.jpg
lace007.jpg
lace008.jpg

Back
Top Bottom