78 kz400 cafe build

What color should I paint my headlight bucket?????

• Red

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • White

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Silver

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Silver with red and white stripes (match tank)

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey man,

I've been watching your build for some time now... You're going all out on this! It looks great.
Looking forward to seeing your paint!

Thanks, I cant wait to see it too. I enjoy building but I'm ready to see the end.

sbruton said:
Hey man,

I've been watching your build for some time now... You're going all out on this! It looks great.
Looking forward to seeing your paint!

My tires and tubes are here. (Avon AM26) I also got primer on today. I noticed a few spots that need fixed. I will probably start masking and applying color on Thursday. I can't wait to see how it turns out. ;D
prime001.jpg
prime002.jpg
prime003.jpg
prime004.jpg
prime010.jpg
prime011.jpg

Attachments

• prime 002 - Copy.JPG
    prime 002 - Copy.JPG
    213.6 KB · Views: 234
I messed around with some ideas. I was thinking.....the tank will be metallic silver. the knee dents will be white, and the blue tape will be a red stripe to match the frame. the other idea was the more pointy design but the same color scheme. What do you think.
idea001.jpg
idea002.jpg
idea003.jpg
idea004.jpg
idea005.jpg

I like the second tank design, but think the first seat design is better and they'll work well together still. That being said, I still really like the first design as a whole too.

Can't wait to see this thing sparkling man!

The pointy doesn't really work on the tailpiece. Otherwise, mix and match at your leisure, it should look really good.

Re: Baking. My method is to paint in the early spring, hang the parts in the attic until after labor day, then assemble. Seems to let the paint harden very nicely. Of course, it puts me on a strict schedule regarding painting.

Well I finally started painting. the seat and tank are done, the frame need 2 more coats of clear. I think it turned out great! Now I can start putting her back together.
paint001.jpg
paint006.jpg
paint011.jpg
paint002.jpg
paint007.jpg
paint003.jpg
paint008.jpg
paint004.jpg
paint009.jpg
paint005.jpg
paint010.jpg

Attachments

• paint! 004 - Copy.JPG
    paint! 004 - Copy.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 243
Its PPG base/clear. For the silver color I just took the color code of off my Subaru WRX(Crystal Grey) I just really liked that color, the other colors are "mack white/ Gov. Red.

jeffreyhardy said:
What kind of paint are you using for the frame and tank? Nice work man. It's going to be a very classy paint scheme.

Thanks I'm glad you like it. The pictures are make the frame look really bright, but it is the same color as the stripe on the tank and seat. I hope to have a roller soon.
valvesprung said:
Just kicked this up to a whole new level...so awesome man!

I got the new swing arm bearings in tonight. I also installed the swing arm and shocks. I will have more pictures tomorrow.
001-1.jpg
002-1.jpg
003-1.jpg
004.jpg

Attachments

• 004 - Copy.JPG
    004 - Copy.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 225
Back
Top Bottom