78 kz400 cafe build

What color should I paint my headlight bucket?????

• Red

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • White

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Silver

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Silver with red and white stripes (match tank)

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mounted the splash guard and rearsets. I set the tank and tail on it for a picture.
006.jpg
008.jpg
008.jpg
009.jpg
010.jpg
011.jpg
012.jpg
013.jpg
014.jpg
015.jpg

Attachments

• 014 - Copy.JPG
    014 - Copy.JPG
    237.8 KB · Views: 216
just starting to read your thread from the beginning.. I cheated and jumped to the end to see the pic's lol.. bike is coming along nicely.

Re: 78 kz400 cafe build Speed holes

I drilled some speed holes in the rear hub. I should have the rear wheel mounted tomorrow! Then I will be moving onto the front end.
speedholes001.jpg
speedholes002.jpg
speedholes003.jpg
speedholes004.jpg

The bike is looking outrageous. On that hub I'd profile the holes, and jump up one size on the outer holes just to clean it up, and add some visual depth respectively. On the whole, this is one clean ass build so far brother. Keep it up.

Thanks! I went with the smaller holes to miss the webbing on the back side of the hub. I don't think it would weaken it too much but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
CrescentSon said:
The bike is looking outrageous. On that hub I'd profile the holes, and jump up one size on the outer holes just to clean it up, and add some visual depth respectively. On the whole, this is one clean ass build so far brother. Keep it up.

I was planning on getting the rear wheel mounted and starting on the forks tonight but.........................I don't think its happening. Another day. ???

Don't worry about it. You're not on a schedule, this doesn't have to get done by tomorrow, and we're not even close to summer yet. You've got at least 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 months riding season ahead of you (I'm an old Johnstown boy, I know). Besides, if you rush you'll; a. Possibly mess something up that will disgust you later, and, b. Get so obsessed on finishing the bike that it'll kill a lot of the enjoyment of building it.

Take a break. Go get laid.

And, if it makes you feel any better, my Bonnie's been blocking up my shop for six weeks now. On a carburetor rebuild. Two stinking carburetors. :p

I took a day off. today I got the rear wheel on and installed the tree/neck. I should get the forks polished soon.
rear003.jpg
rear004.jpg
rear002.jpg
rear001.jpg

Attachments

• rear 002.JPG
    rear 002.JPG
    212.7 KB · Views: 194
Wow this is coming along nicely! School and work have been kicking my arse lately. After this week maybe I'll have time to get caught up on here.

Thanks guys! Yeah tell me about it, I had finals this week. Now i'm back to "just" working full time so I should have alot more time to work on the bike. I got the forks/clip-ons/headlight ears on last night I will post some picture later tonight.

I got it from dime city. It says its only for 35mm forks but it comes with bushings that work. Its a pain but you can cut them down and they work fine.
valvesprung said:
Where'd you get the headlight ears? All the ones I've found im that style only go down to 35mm forks :(

Looking awesome. You know, at the rate the bike-of-the-month nominations are going (1 so far), you can have the KZ done and give Ringo's CB some competition. Haha. I actually found this thread because went looking for a bike that could give him a run for his money, just for kicks. I would say you're going in the right direction. I am a bit jealous.

Back
Top Bottom