Post a pic of your latest purchase

Brakerotor from a 93 mod cbr 900rr "bolt on" part for my 77 gs 400 spoked wheel ;)

Attachments

• bremseskive 93 cbr 900rr.jpg
    bremseskive 93 cbr 900rr.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 963
Ha! I'd be game for a Z50 so when you have enough parts for a complete one left over.... let me know :)

surffly said:
I have wanted a Z50 to run around the pits and swap meets with for a while.
But never seemed to find a good one.
Well I fell into a whole garage full of them!
Four complete bikes, 8-10 motors, wheels, fenders, ect.
Some of the parts are NOS in the Honda wrappers.
D34DB52C-1591-4AFD-B30B-CB66E8F4BCDB_zpsuctkqpb4.jpg

Ill be completely honest, its more then I want/can deal with.
Will slowly be getting the parts together for one or two to keep and will be offing the rest.
So if you need parts for a Z50 reach out, ill see what I have.

Got some bikes and parts for under $200 sold over $400 in parts on ebay and just traded the remainder of the bikes for this Kick ass Matco 4s.....so pumped right now....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 242
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    893.7 KB · Views: 248
DesmoBro said:
Got some bikes and parts for under $200 sold over $400 in parts on ebay and just traded the remainder of the bikes for this Kick ass Matco 4s.....so pumped right now....

Score!

Major score.

Added another Vanson to my collection. New condition for a bargain price.

Attachments

• P1090199.JPG
    P1090199.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 241
I discovered Acewell makes a line of speedometers no one in the USA seems to sell, so I bit the bullet and ordered one from the UK. The idea is to mount it in the headlight of a narrowcase Ducati.
acewell_8620_l.jpg

I'll put details in a build thread when I decide which bike it will go into. For now here's a pic of it in a (very dirty) headlight shell. About all it took was a bushing to make the 52mm speedo sit in a 60mm hole. I started cutting one out of aluminum but ended up having a buddy print one out on his 3D printer. Technology is your friend, even with vintage bikes!
acewell_8671_l.jpg

Never mind the tach mount on the right, that will be removed since the Acewell has a tach too.

Pretty excited I was able to find a good rear brake lever with all of the hardware for a 1979 Honda CM400a. Seems my parking brake components have disappeared over the years. Time to get that sorted out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 214
DesmoDog said:
I discovered Acewell makes a line of speedometers no one in the USA seems to sell, so I bit the bullet and ordered one from the UK. The idea is to mount it in the headlight of a narrowcase Ducati.
acewell_8620_l.jpg

I'll put details in a build thread when I decide which bike it will go into. For now here's a pic of it in a (very dirty) headlight shell. About all it took was a bushing to make the 52mm speedo sit in a 60mm hole. I started cutting one out of aluminum but ended up having a buddy print one out on his 3D printer. Technology is your friend, even with vintage bikes!
acewell_8671_l.jpg

Never mind the tach mount on the right, that will be removed since the Acewell has a tach too.

Ive been wondering if you could do that with the AceWell gauge!

Looks like you might need to come up with a little bigger bezel, but the old meets new really turned out to be a nice fit.

acewell_8671_l.jpg

Finally get to post a photo here...

410929275.jpg

It's a 1974 Norton Commando frame. I'm building a rolling project with a few Kenny Dreer VR880 parts.

Build thread HERE

Tune-A-Fish said:
Looks like you might need to come up with a little bigger bezel, but the old meets new really turned out to be a nice fit.

The chrome bezel is what it is, the adapter ring does need a tweak though (and I noticed the speedo shifted before I took that picture, it's not seated all the way there.) I built it up for one headlight shell, then discovered the headlight shell on the bike was differnt than the "same" one I used to mock it up on. oops...

No worries. Tweak a couple things in CAD and print out another one. Gotta love modern technology.

Found an ad on CL yesterday guy looking to trade his project XS1100 for truck tires....went on CL found some tires got em for $100.... Then traded for the bike ....broke out the back glass....again...time for a truck or trailer or both

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 238
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 223
Get a trailer if you have room for it... loading is way nicer and they don't make a SuperScrew truck for sale in the US

Back
Top Bottom