IMG_15851_zps7d2a79f8.jpg

so here's what i have left coming up.

1-replace carb boots
2-install carbs
3-install cb350 head pipes
4-build electronic tray under the seat
5-wire the bike
6-test fire

So what i got done this weekend, some more polishing, i bent some headlight ears to move the headlight farther back torwards the frame by about 2 inches and painted them black, and installed the rear brake.

reesea17 said:
Are those just regular drag bars?

They are, they came on the bike, i was thinking of doing some moped clubmans, they fit the top triple perfect and don't have much of a drop

innovativems said:
They are, they came on the bike, i was thinking of doing some moped clubmans, they fit the top triple perfect and don't have much of a drop

If you end up switching the bars I'd be interested to purchase your drag bars if you'd be willing to sell them.

Also, I really like what you did to the headlight ears. Could you post closer up photos of them and how you did the bending?

reesea17 said:
If you end up switching the bars I'd be interested to purchase your drag bars if you'd be willing to sell them.

Also, I really like what you did to the headlight ears. Could you post closer up photos of them and how you did the bending?

Ill get back to you asap on the bars, i got your message. I'll post some pictures on the headlight ears, it probably took me start to finish about 2 hours to get them lined up and good to go. Then I painted them with VHT epoxy chassis paint.

innovativems said:
Ill get back to you asap on the bars, i got your message. I'll post some pictures on the headlight ears, it probably took me start to finish about 2 hours to get them lined up and good to go. Then I painted them with VHT epoxy chassis paint.

Sweet man sounds good. Looking forward to the ears info.

And here are some pics of what i did to the headlight ears i had laying around. I took to adjustable wrenches and bolted the ear to the fork and starting making the bends. Once I had the shape, I used a body dolly and hammer to smooth out the lip around the ears. Then a quick scuff and paint with some VHT epoxy chassis paint and I had the look I wanted in about 2-3 hours.
IMG_16241_zpsb75e851d.jpg

IMG_16231_zps87558f91.jpg

IMG_16251_zpsbfb019f6.jpg

finally some progress!!! i got the bike fired!!!! She needs some tuning but it felt great to get it running for the first time. And here's some updated pictures. It kinda somewhat put together, just needs some little things done.

Attachments

• IMG_1693.JPG
    IMG_1693.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 582
  • IMG_1694.JPG
    IMG_1694.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 362
  • IMG_1695.JPG
    IMG_1695.JPG
    807.1 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_1696.JPG
    IMG_1696.JPG