The bike Honda never built - or, my MR250 Elsinore for the Vintage 1000

You ride the Elsinore... it breaks.
You ride the SL... it breaks.
You ride the Sweeper... it breaks.

Dude, I'm seeing a pattern developing :p

Oh shit, it just occurred to me. You rode the 7fitty at Thaw and it hasn't run right since. Hmmmmmm.

Redbird said:
You ride the Elsinore... it breaks.
You ride the SL... it breaks.
You ride the Sweeper... it breaks.

Dude, I'm seeing a pattern developing :p
I seem to remember you breaking your own truck and bike in a single trip one time........ ;D

Flugtechnik said:
Isn't the sad handie XR on the fritz too?

Nope it was just a blood donor for a few random bits. It runs great. Should have snuck it along.

haircuttergirl said:
I seem to remember you breaking your own truck and bike in a single trip one time........ ;D
True... true...
Where was I though?! :p

Redbird said:
True... true...
Where was I though?! :p

Truth. On that note I will not be at Barber, the next Thaw, and next Meltdown camping is cancelled. If yall need me, I'll be living inside a hermetically sealed room under a large rock. Can't let this bike killing sickness spread :-\

On a more realistic note, I have the tap and die to repair the threads on the messed up bolt and I think the internal threads in the crank will clean up even better. Here's hoping it lives again soon.

Mr.E said:
On a more realistic note, I have the tap and die to repair the threads on the messed up bolt and I think the internal threads in the crank will clean up even better. Here's hoping it lives again soon.

Nice, good luck, I am trying to find a nice set of stickers for her at Barber ;D

I'm sure Princess Auto has plenty. Matter of fact, something that says Princess would be perfect.

Mr.E said:
the nose of the crank will be hard as mosquito beaks, go easy
they got this stuff threadlocker stuff

adventurco said:
I can make that happen ;)

Maritime said:
LOL thanks for the advice Eric.

deviant said:
I'm sure Princess Auto has plenty. Matter of fact, something that says Princess would be perfect.

Bring it on, wankers. I'm pretty good at that game myself ;-)

XB, yeah that's the plan. I got the threads fixed on the bolt, I'll have time to open the case for the cranks this weekend. And that's one of the only things I didn't put the red lock tite on too

Well, the primary gear is repaired and back together, bike will idle but bugs bad under any throttle whatsoever. Just like last week. So I'll be getting the stuff together for a vacuum test over the next week. May order a coil and condenser while im at it too.

Mr.E said:
Well, the primary gear is repaired and back together, bike will idle but bugs bad under any throttle whatsoever. Just like last week. So I'll be getting the stuff together for a vacuum test over the next week. May order a coil and condenser while im at it too.
have you replaced the plug cap ?if it is a non resistor cap it should be fine though
definately get a new condser and set the timing with a strobe or dial
i have a box of nos japanese condensors post up a pic of yours and call out length and diameter
and what about the points cam ? is it rust pit free and very smooth ? a rough cam will wear down the rubbing block pretty quick, closing the points gap as it progresses,retarding timing and weakening spark ,that last part ,weaking spark,i could be mitaken something about coil saturation i think

Back
Top Bottom