My CB450 "No Class!" (Here we go again)

You guys are awesome.... I do feel better already.

Big Rich said:
Isn't there some kind of treatment for that Ich? I read into it a long time ago and thought it could either way (destructive or a slight nuisance).

Yeah, Ich lives on that Host for about 5 days during that time you can't kill it. Then it falls off and lives the rest of its life in the gravel, you can kill it with Copper Sulfate while it is free living. Raising the heat in the tank shortens their life cycle and at above 87 they can't reproduce ... so now it's a waiting game.

OpTiCz said:
Sucks man.
You need a reef controller with temp probe :/

I went with two smaller 250W heaters up in the tank that I can see their indicator lights instead of one big 500W titainium unit hidden down in the sump. Figure if one of these two fail in the future I will know it AND have more time to react.

Fish are looking much better so I am on the uphill swing there. ;D

Big Rich said:
And I think I recall seeing a 450 local to me (Pittsburgh) on craigs........parts only, no title, etc. Interested?

I am going to continue with the disassembly and clean-up, sort it out, list what I need using your whiteboard method Pete. Then shelve it for a while, keep my eyes open here locally and pick up parts from the list as they become available cheap. I knew this was going to be a long term project when I got it... Christ, it was only $20!

So in the mean time... LINKY

I'm jumped around to 4 of the damn 7 pages of this build trying to see if u had an update since the rust but I'm confused. It was easier to hit relpy than go through the other 3 pages..lol. Any update on her? ALways wanted to find one of these parts bin specials actually..

Well not much... I was able to get the engine completely disassembled, every bearing will need replaced. I took all the trans gears from the shafts and cleaned each piece, one by one, on a wire wheel. I then dipped each part in oil and reassembled, wrapped in a shop towel and boxed it away.
I am still watching for another donor bike or better put, a bike to pick up and use this one for the donor. ;)

HD: The CB450 is my absolute favorite bike. The Bonita Apllebaum 450 by Spider-man is actually how I found this site in the first place, I read his entire project post in one day because I was so interested in the build. I never actually got closure on if that thing actually ran and worked, but the video does show him riding it. I learned a lot from his build. I'll keep my fingers crossed on this one for you and hope some day you'll be able to turn this one into a true Cafe Racer. I'll keep my eyes open at Bob's here in Phoenix too for anything that might work for your 450 since rust is pretty much non existant in Arizona, even if you leave the motor sitting in the bottom of a pool!

Back
Top Bottom