Remember when this forum was about...

VonYinzer

Over 10,000 Posts
...Ya know... Having fun while building bikes. Making new friends. Kicking ass and taking names. Remember that?

I'm going to assume that was sometime before the moderators started letting all the long term members constantly shit on every new build until it is 90% completed, then act like nothing ever happened.

Hard to have fun building bikes with people like xb slinging insults at every opportunity. My attitude here has been a direct result of shitty attitudes from long term members and moderators that think because they have x amount of posts or time here that it gives them the right to treat people however they want.

My opinion, which will likely be erased the second a certain mod sees it.

VonYinzer said:
...Ya know... Having fun while building bikes. Making new friends. Kicking ass and taking names. Remember that?
I do. Kind of miss some of that and some members who kind of moved on. Still think this is better than 99% of other places but it isn't the same as it once was.

Dohc you are correct on what you say there are some memebers here who are a bit harsh, they are not really long term, they came along when the place got big they have high post counts but that's cause the never shut up LOL. The core members who have been around since there was a few hundred are not who shit on people's builds. They will point out unsafe stuff but not in the douchebag wy some others do these days

Maritime said:
Dohc you are correct on what you say there are some memebers here who are a bit harsh, they are not really long term, they came along when the place got big they have high post counts but that's cause the never shut up LOL. The core members who have been around since there was a few hundred are not who shit on people's builds. They will point out unsafe stuff but not in the douchebag wy some others do these days
A bit harsh, eh that's an understatement for a lot of these guys. When you see words like faggot to somehow describe a build, and the mods let that happen CONSTANTLY, it's going to rub off on others and light unneccessary fires. I admit that because of the way a particular mod has targeted me that I have been offensive and abrupt at times but it honestly is to bring some of these issues to the surface. I've been building bikes and engines a long time, I don't need some internet dick telling me I "fucked up" or i'm a faggot because of the way I built a bike. Noone does.

Let it happen, and it will happen. XB is a HUGE part of the problem from what I have seen so far. Another problem here is that peolle like JP, PJ, Sonrier, regardless of how nice they act all the time, have a real problem admitting mistakes, and the site panders to it. Sonreir has gone so far as to blatantly remove posts where he was proved wrong and double talked to try to correct it. That's some serious bullshit.

Now, if a certified professional bike tech that has built 60 custom bikes comes on to this site, you all should welcome him. Nope, you challenge everything he says, erase posts proving you wrong, and just generally give off a feeling of rejection towards anyone new with a brain that you have determined to threaten your status as impossibly wrong here.

Nothing is EVER the same as it once was. Ever. The members that are gone, are gone. If you want the site to be better, be better. If you want the ridiculous barrel of monkey shit that happens here to continue, then continue.

Matt, I challenge you to acknowledge and "rectify" your folly. If not, there's your problem right there.

I erased my entire Wicked X build from this site because of Matt's attitude. Why should I contribute TRULY one of a kind builds and adventures that create loads of site traffic here when 40% of my posts disappear? My "things that annoy us" thread was put up to draw this EXACT issue out, and lo and behold the second it turned that way it was locked by the Fuher himself. It's not my fault people don't understand sarcasm and irony. Sonreir will say they disappeared because I was being an asshole. Very convenient to say when you have removed the evidence.

Everything in me believes that this thread was started as a place for the old timers to come in and reminisce about how "before all these morons got here".

The thing is this site, as with any club, is being led by example. That example is being followed.

If you want a nicer tone, be the better example. Isn't that what mother always used to say..

Dotheton.com has been and still is the driving force behind the Neo-café racer movement, gotta be pretty proud about that right?

Well that sucks about the Wicked X and if you ask me It's BS to pull a build thread down for no good reason if you agree with what there doing or not ! I have meet a few guys from DTT over the years , some are ok guys some are very good guys others I really don't give a shit about . Do I miss the old days no not at all i still talk to the guys I've meet and have become good friends with and the others well I wish they would spend more time working on and helping others work on there build not bad mouth anyone who is trying ! I'm a true believer in no one was born with what they know they had to learn it !!

FerousBastard said:
If you want a nicer tone, be the better example. Isn't that what mother always used to say..

Kinda what I was thinking. Over all, seems like most people exhibit pretty reasonable behavior considering the anonymous nature of the internet. It's a very public place and a tough skin and tolerance go a long way towards keeping things friendly not to mention keeping a considerate disposition. I think it is pretty easy to put your foot in your mouth, and while I haven't erased any of my own comments, I don't see the harm if someone does. I know I've spoken plenty I would take back - happily I type a lot slower and get into less trouble!

Really disappointing to see you removed your thread dohc. You have a lot of time invested in it and provided a lot of good information and entertainment - it's a shame to take it away from the majority because of issues with a few.

This thread wasn't started as a spot for the old members to reminisce DOHC. And I'm pretty sure your thread was removed because it devolved into a pissing match with no positive value.

This thread was more of a call to ALL members to chill the hell out. With the arguing, the insults, the whining, the attitude, etc.

Build rad bikes, make some new friends, use the forum as it was intended and try to give a little back. Whether it's some helpful info, hooking a member up with a needed part, or just sharing your POSITIVE ideas and thoughts.

Seems a lot of members now a days are real quick to run their mouths or drop negative shit all over other peoples threads. Knock it off. You don't like what you see, kick rocks. There are plenty of other forums for you to go piss all over.

I've been lucky enough over the years to meet a pretty good number of our members in person, and some of them I'm happy to call my good friends now. That's really the end game for a place like this I think. The forum is killer for sharing builds and information but at the end of the day it's just as much a place for people of like minds to really connect. A base for the building of a real world community of awesomeness.

So again, fucking knock off the attitude. You don't have something productive to add then shut up and move on. Let's ALL get this place back to the basics. Awesome bikes. Awesome people. Awesome ideas. Keep it positive or move on. Too much negativity floating around and poisoning this place. Let's change that. Cool? Cool.

And also DOHC... You have a terrific habit of telling others what their intentions or motivations are. You also have a terrific habit of playing the "oh poor me" card. I don't know you personally, but you certainly seem to have a vast knowledge base and a good deal of experience. That is really cool, and I hope you continue to share it with the forum. That said, maybe try removing the stick from your ass and chill out.

Please don't take this as some heavy handed personal attack either. I'm just shooting the shit. I don't feel the need to pussyfoot around with my words, either here on the forum or in real life (as many members can attest to). I honestly hope you continue to be a part of this forum, but let's ALL cool it a bit with the b.s.

That said, if we ever end up in the same place at the same time the first round is on me. Hope you like cheap beer and whiskey.

Von Yinzer. Could you please tell us how we can prove, through the internet, that we are bad ass if we can't piss all over builds and others if we chill? Joking. You are right though. Far too much negativity. Motorcycles and racing are supposed to be fun although Bonneville has rained on the parade big time this year.

Hoofhearted said:
Von Yinzer. Could you please tell us how we can prove, through the internet, that we are bad ass if we can't piss all over builds and others if we chill? Joking. You are right though. Far too much negativity. Motorcycles and racing are supposed to be fun although Bonneville has rained on the parade big time this year.

Saw the big race was cancelled this year Bill. What a bummer. Still running El Mirage the next go round?

El Mirage is all there is left. World of Speed and the Cook shoot out were cancelled today. Not that I got an invite to the shoot out or have $5000 for an entry fee. Apart from the Buckeye Bullet making a few passes on crap salt nothing has happened. Nor is it likely to happen. So El Mirage it will be. I got some work done on my knees and I'm giving them a chance to recover. The plan is to run Nov. Its a two day meet so I'll get a chance to figure it out.

Good stuff. Ever think about heading out east to run the Ohio Mile with the ECTA? Only a few hours from my place.

I've thought about it but done nothing. Mainly because of finances. The other problem is I run a solid alloy wheel on the sidecar. Not too compatible with paved surfaces. With the Bonneville wash out the SCTA ran a mile at Mojave for those who wanted to. It was sort of a consolation prize for the SpeedWeek rain out. For foreign competitors it was better than simply turning your crate around and shipping it home. The other problem is after running three miles at Bonneville a mile seems so short. Even El Mirage which is 1.3 miles feels short. Bonneville kind of spoils you that way. There has been a bit of talk of the SCTA running a few more events at Mojave. Maybe 1 1/2 miles. I had a lot of trouble getting the alloy wheel approved and started to build another platform that would have a rubber wheel on it. Never finished it. Maybe I will and go to a few paved events.

As the sidecar is bolt on this was the start of the other platform Just maybe I'll finish it.

Well, if you do head out this way make sure to let me know. I'm willing to bet the members out this way could help make it happen for ya.

I'd love to run Ohio and Loring. Finances never permitted it but there has been a change in that dept. I can do it now. All I really need is these damn knees to improve.

Back
Top Bottom