Remember when this forum was about...

DohcBikes said:
I'm going to assume that was sometime before the moderators started letting all the long term members constantly shit on every new build until it is 90% completed, then act like nothing ever happened.

Hard to have fun building bikes with people like xb slinging insults at every opportunity. My attitude here has been a direct result of shitty attitudes from long term members and moderators that think because they have x amount of posts or time here that it gives them the right to treat people however they want.

My opinion, which will likely be erased the second a certain mod sees it.

I agree. I frequented this forum for the past five years and registered four years ago. I used to come here every day, and I looked forward to it. I have posted numerous builds on this forum and I "used to" enjoy the constructive criticism and advice that some of the members gave. Over the past few years, I have noticed an overall decline in the positive comments and an escalation of the negativity. For my last several builds, I didn't even bother posting here because I was sick of all the crap. Why should I have to justify every single aspect of my build? People spouting off their bullshit about my build when they have no clue what they are talking about.

The irony of the situation is that the people who seem to spout the most bullshit (such as XB), don't even have any builds on here. I am supposed to listen to them when I have seen absolutely nothing come out of their workshops? With that being said, this forum has become nothing but a giant craigslist for me. I check the for sale ads every day, and that's it. I don't seek any advice here anymore because there are so many people who think they know it all, but don't. I don't post any builds here anymore because of the bullshit criticism, and I don't offer any advice here because people pick it apart anyways. Its a shame because this forum could be so much better than it is. If the moderators don't care, then so be it. Maybe this isn't the place for me. I suspect there are many others in my same situation. There are lots of old members who I used to enjoy interacting with who aren't on here anymore. I wonder why?

There are so many other forums out there that are much better. Hondatwins, suzuki2strokes, ZRX owners, XR1200 owners. These are the places I go when I want actual advice from people who actually know what they are talking about. Not only that, but these other forums have moderators with testicles who weed out the bullshit. If I wanted this crap, I would go back to high school because that it basically what this forum has become.

sbaugz said:
I agree. I frequented this forum for the past five years and registered four years ago. I used to come here every day, and I looked forward to it. I have posted numerous builds on this forum and I "used to" enjoy the constructive criticism and advice that some of the members gave. Over the past few years, I have noticed an overall decline in the positive comments and an escalation of the negativity. For my last several builds, I didn't even bother posting here because I was sick of all the crap. Why should I have to justify every single aspect of my build? People spouting off their bullshit about my build when they have no clue what they are talking about.

The irony of the situation is that the people who seem to spout the most bullshit (such as XB), don't even have any builds on here. I am supposed to listen to them when I have seen absolutely nothing come out of their workshops? With that being said, this forum has become nothing but a giant craigslist for me. I check the for sale ads every day, and that's it. I don't seek any advice here anymore because there are so many people who think they know it all, but don't. I don't post any builds here anymore because of the bullshit criticism, and I don't offer any advice here because people pick it apart anyways. Its a shame because this forum could be so much better than it is. If the moderators don't care, then so be it. Maybe this isn't the place for me. I suspect there are many others in my same situation. There are lots of old members who I used to enjoy interacting with who aren't on here anymore. I wonder why?

There are so many other forums out there that are much better. Hondatwins, suzuki2strokes, ZRX owners, XR1200 owners. These are the places I go when I want actual advice from people who actually know what they are talking about. Not only that, but these other forums have moderators with testicles who weed out the bullshit. If I wanted this crap, I would go back to high school because that it basically what this forum has become.
So basically what you're saying is that you'll get on here to bitch, talk shit and be negative, then use us as a resource to buy parts. Good form, homeboy.

deviant said:
So basically what you're saying is that you'll get on here to bitch, talk shit and be negative, then use us as a resource to buy parts. Good form, homeboy.

WTF are you talking about? If you knew how to read, you would have correctly interpreted my rant. .....and, my case in point. Once again, a very positive and pertinent comment from one of the biggest offenders.

sbaugz said:
WTF are you talking about? If you knew how to read, you would have correctly interpreted my rant. .....and, my case in point. Once again, a very positive and pertinent comment from one of the biggest offenders.
One of the biggest offenders? You had nothing positive to say. You were critical of what this place has become, and even went so far as to list several forums which you think are better. You say you no longer post anymore, yet you go on just long enough to criticize this place. My comments in this thread were positive and complimentary to the family that's created here. Read your owns words. I quoted them so maybe you would read them twice.

Too much of this in the last couple years;
"People who think they know it all really piss off those of us who do."

40403_1533198299199_4509705_n.jpg

o1marc said:
Too much of this in the last couple years;
"People who think they know it all really piss off those of us who do."

I forgot it all, but bits and pieces come back as needed... just not always applicable.

The only thing that I think is too much is the amount of build threads nowadays. For me it makes it very hard to keep up with any of them. I guess as a positive, there are more people working on bikes.
I don't really care a great deal about what others say or do here. It's kind of like real life, some people just act like idiots and they will never out grow it. I just choose not to hang with them and let them keep doing there thing. That said, there are still some legit dudes that still hang around that makes it worth a read now and then.

clem said:
The only thing that I think is too much is the amount of build threads nowadays. For me it makes it very hard to keep up with any of them. I guess as a positive, there are more people working on bikes.
I don't really care a great deal about what others say or do here. It's kind of like real life, some people just act like idiots and they will never out grow it. I just choose not to hang with them and let them keep doing there thing. That said, there are still some legit dudes that still hang around that makes it worth a read now and then.

Hear, hear!!!

Back
Top Bottom