Remember when this forum was about...

Appreciate all the input, honest and constructive criticism, and reflection offered up by everyone.

Just never forget, this is a public, online community open to all. I've only had to 'ban' a small handful (like as in maybe 5) people in nearly 8 years. Posts are rarely flagged or removed by me or any of our volunteer moderators, as they rarely need to be.

We can't go chasing down everyone who posts something that might offend, or doesn't add value from another member's perspective. I don't read every post (obviously) and can't dictate what people do and do not say in a post.

I try to look at it from a wider perspective than any one member, or any one post. On the whole, I think we're in good shape and continue to evolve. Rather than try to squash the negative, we need to encourage the positive. Reviving old / incomplete builds is a great idea, and a way to encourage people to participate in a more constructive manner perhaps.

When you encounter a post you feel is negative, or doesn't add to the conversation, I'd suggest you read it a few times before deciding to toss it and it's author out with the bathwater. When someone says "that's a piece of crap" - OK, flag that. Total waste of time and server space.

But when someone comments, even in a short, terse tone perhaps, that a modification being made is going to negatively impact the handling and/or safety of a motorcycle, consider the comment and whether the poster might actually be right before jumping all over it.

I know some members seem to offer nothing but negative criticism along these lines, and I do call people out on that, but again 1) it's a public open to all community and 2) consider how often the comment is baseless and not contributing anything or in fact closer to the truth and perhaps constructive, regardless of the lack of tact or politeness.

We could all be nicer from time to time, and I'd encourage that from everyone.

Oh yeah - quit navel gazing and go ride your f'n motorcycles for shit's sake. It's nearly September.

Tim said:
Oh yeah - quit navel gazing and go ride your f'n motorcycles for shit's sake. It's nearly September.

Truth. :(

I'm just stuck on bed rest while my foot heals. 1-2 more months before I will be walking and riding season will be over here.

Maritime said:
I'm just stuck on bed rest while my foot heals. 1-2 more months before I will be walking and riding season will be over here.

And thats why I love that you can still rent a Harley, hell Alegent flys to Fort Lauderdale RT for under $100 from here then you can rise down to the keys ;D

Tim said:

Thank god its almost September. 10months of riding season starting. July and August are way too hot. I enjoy January when its sunny and 60F out.

Back
Top Bottom