Where to get a starter clutch rebuild kit, cb350 twin

SONICJK

Reminds me of...me No, I'm sure of it. I hate him
Finaly got the generator rotor off (M16-1.5 x 50mm bolt works perfectly) to get to my starter clutch.

Looks like the springs and caps are shot, with a few gouges in the rollers so I'd like to replace all of those components.
http://store02.prostores.com/servlet/motorcyclesolutionsllc/the-5117/CB160-CB175-CB350-Starter/Detail
This ^ is what I am looking for, but 33 bucks seems ludicrous for 3 springs 3 caps and 3 rollers.
There has GOT to be a cheaper way to get this stuff no?

So if you know a better route let me know! I know a lot of you guys eliminate the starter on 350's so if someone is willing to part with their starter clutch on the cheap....
Thanks,
Justin

Fussing over $33.00? Sheesh! I guess times really ARE hard. <G>

I had to replace the starter clutch in my Harley in the parking lot of the Days Inn in Daytona Beach once. It was $125 for the starter clutch, and $30 for the primary gasket.

I'm 22 and all my money is going toward medical school so money is tight.
So yeah, 33 bucks for two springs and some caps is ridiculous, that will feed me for a week.

What I am asking is where is the best place to get these parts? I don't have any idea.
I see no need to go OEM, so is there an aftermarket manufacturer for this stuff (NOS)

Thanks

Well for anyone interested I got the parts individually at Ronayers.com for about 26 bucks shipped.
Better.
Still ridiculous.

Thanks,
I used them already 8) got a shiny new stainless engine casing bolt set for 16 shipped
They ship fast and have good prices.

I have found that their stainless "case bolt sets" are not as model specific as they say. In my case it was just an assortment of stainless socket head screws. I had to use four sets to have enough of a certain length for my GS450, and the set was billed as a "set" for the GS450. It's a pretty good value for what you get, but won't necessarily be exactly what you need.

I bought stainless socket head screws that were supposed to be the specific set needed for carburetor screws. Same story. I was able to replace some of the screws in my carbs. Some of them I had to cut to length to make them fit.

you know what they say,if you want to play you got to pay! ha
if there are cheaper ones i would imagine the material and finish is not up to oem and will not last or perform like stock...sometimes it is not worth buying the cheapest replacement parts unless you want to have a failure or replace them again soon.......truth is you have to know what you can get away with and what you can't when buying cheap parts.....OR you could just throw out the starter and kick it or catch it in gear....joe @ v cycle

Back
Top Bottom