Let's see your Garage / Shop

VonYinzer said:
"renting this space costs us each $64 plus..."

WHAT!? Property is cheap here, and thats CHEAP.

Like I said, property is nothing here. To be honest though, we're actually getting a great deal for even for the area.

2 car, 900 sq ft.... used to look basically like this...

newbluebike001.jpg

The wife decided she needed a daycare so bye bye garage... (although on weekends it tends to look like this lol)
photobucket-7748-1332634190624.jpg

DesmoBro said:
So if i Move in it'll cost me like $45 a month? (You have found your guy on the couch)

Actually, it would be $53 and change. It's $320 total, currently split five ways. Unfortunately, I just discovered today that rooms 2 and 3 in the basement are not ours even though we have access to them, but if we're nice we can store a few things in there. Oh well, they are currently not being used anyway.

Winona, Minnesota, not Wisconsin, home of the Winona Riders... Bwald, thanks for posting images of the space. We just moved in and have more to add, tweek, move around, organize etc. I bought a bunch of estate sale shelves and metal flammable material storage cabinets for a great price this weekend for us to use and will build more wooden shelves and mobile workbenches and tables. Once the space is sorted I'll bring my Gold Star over. For now, I am so happy to finally have a space to wrench, drink a beer, listen to music and ride my Triton straight in the door on to my new lift table. After building the Triton in a tiny laundry room and the Gold Star in a tiny workspace, this is heaven!
IMG_0941.jpg

WRcompositecopy.jpg

Now to think about a new project this winter...

Two Cage cage known as my "ManCave" only thing missing is the gold paint on the "stripper" pole ;D

New_Tecumseth-20120611-00264.jpg

Swan did you make that clamp on the front of your table ? Can you take some close up pics for me ? I need to get rid of that cheap one that came with the table . Thanks

The clamp came with the table and it works beautifully. Here is a thread on Chop Cult to upgrade to better wheel clamp for cheap http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6517 Alternatively, you could buy a chock from Black Widow or HF and bolt it to your table. http://www.discountramps.com/wheel-chocks-straps.htm I will send you photos in a day or two.

This week, my garage has been completely transformed. I took some pictures along the way since I thought y'all might want to see. The changes were:

- Rustoleum Epoxy floor coating with Key Resin Commercial Grade urethane 1/4" topcoat
- Robbe 4" Vinyl wall base
- DIY 12' work bench with 2" and 4" pine trim, and 3/4" birch veneer plywood top (had this leftover from other projects around the house).

First things first, gotta clean out the garage!
IMAG0075.jpg

Finally clean, we can start doing the prep for the floor now. We used a 7" hand grinder and did the entire floor. My garage is 24'x20', with a full loft above the entire garage that we use for long-term storage. The guy in pics doing some of the work is a Product Rep of my dad for a commercial epoxy/urethane floor coating company that uses their product in commercial/industrial applications.
IMAG0077.jpg

We're getting there! I did about 25% of the prep and it was a LOT of work. Hands down the best method of prepping the floor.
IMAG0078.jpg

The prep of the floor took 3.5 hours, and the epoxy coating took 30 minutes. Since the epoxy was such a quick process, I wasn't able to step back and take a pic. Here's the floor freshly coated with the epoxy down and the color chips sprinkled in.
IMAG0079.jpg

Close up of the floor color. Blue, white, black, grey, and light blue chips over grey epoxy.
IMAG0080.jpg

Had to let the floor dry for 24 hours before we could install the topcoat. The product rep provided me his industrial-grade urethane coating for no charge, and it makes this floor nearly bulletproof! Once the floor was down, we installed the top coat.
IMAG0086.jpg

Top coat completely installed! The topcoat is a high-gloss, but we mixed in 1/2 cup of anti-skid granules to prevent the floor from becoming an ice rink when wet. Works really well!
IMAG0087.jpg

After I let the topcoat cure for 48 hours, I installed my 4" black vinyl wall base molding. Gotta let it sit out overnight to let the wrinkles relax!
IMAG0100.jpg

Installed! Very VERY easy to do. Has a commercial-grade self-adhesive on the back. Just peel and stick!
IMAG0102.jpg

Next up was building a workbench for the back of the garage! I used to have this awful hand-me-down kitchen table that I just stored crap on. Looked awful and wasn't even stable. Total material cost of this came to $78.xx as I had the top and trim pieces leftover from other projects.

Here it is all framed up.
IMAG0103.jpg

And today I just finished up installing all of the trim around the edges. Here's the rest of the bench!
IMAG0106.jpg

1/2" lip across the back and left side to prevent stuff from rolling off the back and getting lost.
IMAG0105.jpg

All finished!
IMAG0104.jpg

Now I gotta go find wifey to help me move into place! Ahh, much better!
IMAG0107.jpg

Thanks for looking! Now I just have to move stuff back into their places and get all organized. All of my detailing stuff is in the white cabinets. I also have a nice little sound system setup in there for while Im working.

One last Before/After:

Before:
IMAG0075.jpg

After:
IMAG0107.jpg

Finally washed the S2000 and parked her inside. :)

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

Still have some work to do. Im really happy with it so far!

CN: I love my garage! <3

-Matt

Tiny but mighty .

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357796278.561610.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357796278.561610.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 663
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357796297.861407.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357796297.861407.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 212
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357796312.512933.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357796312.512933.jpg