For Better or For Worse, she's back

Sweet progress! My jets are less than a week away, my tank is derusted and oiled, I made a 2 into one fuel line with a clear filter for the 2 bibbed petcock to the single bibbed carb, and took the stripped down bike to the carwash today and blasted the neglect off. New battery and pics tomorrow, hopefully a cool vid by monday! Yeehaw!

If I had heard that story at the bar I would have bought you a beer.. Honestly never heard or read anything like it.. No homo.

You two are obviously meant for each other ;)

:eek: More progress, I scored a rotor, caliper, hoses, mc/lever, and another pivot shaft and a rear brake lever, all for $80. I put it all on yesterday and today (a power lift gate on a 12 ton tandem international makes a wicked bike lift!) I'm still waiting for my jets to come in they must be coming from Montreal by ice skate....I snapped some pics but I forgot my camera in the truck. Monday..

Whoo hoo! my other Jet finally came in (for the second time- they lost the first one), and I bought a sweet battery today.
I'm having a hell of a time bleeding the front caliper, I guess i need to get a syringe and some hose. I'm thinking about going back to some flames on the tank...any other suggestions, other than don't go to the Reggae Festival?
DSC00103.jpg

DSC00102.jpg

DSC00099.jpg

DSC00098.jpg

;D ;D ;D ;D It's alive! Needless to say the wife is pissed....I filled the gas tank on the way to the bike, and i didn't bend the spring in the petcock enough lol, smells like updog in the van now. The new jets work awesome, it started on the first coast down the loading ramp yeehaw HAPPY CANADA DAY! I took it for a rip through the gears and it doesn't lay down in fifth anymore.I really need to put the front fender back on, or at least cut the forkbrace out of it and put that on though.. I'm gonna see if the wife will take some video tomorrow.

whoo hoo! I let a fellow truck driver take it for a rip after work yesterday, man was he grinning ha ha. So it's not just me, it really is stupid fast. Only 28 hp, but the torque is pretty hilarious. My wife want's nothing to do with it, so I guess I'll tape the camera to the headlight tomorrow am before work while the streets are still quiet for that video.
boris_murray_header.jpg

Wow, ventured out a little farther today to some good pavement. That new main jet made a huge difference, it is stupid fast. My engine is supposed to have 28 hp, the original 500 4 had 48? Thats crazy. Must be the torque that makes it pull so hard. I gotta race something for a comparison I guess.

The speedo reads 90mph but i think it's a little optomistic. I need to get it out on a highway and clock it against my car.

I really think I'm gonna invest in fixing my starter... It's like $300 for all the parts new, or around $80 used from ebay but the ebay parts are used and will probably grenade like the stuff i had did..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYEpCwpYTkw

Well I just posted the url for it and that happened. I just deleted it cause it was auto play. I saw the url you posted and took the actual address and posted it

haha, thanks, i was messin around that whole time trying to get it to work from photbucket -no go so i went to youtube

Back
Top Bottom