Big Bro's Yamaha TX500

I was referring to post #27. While the angle might be right, it is the tab that I am worried about.

In the 4 years that I have belonged to this site, I have seen many mono setups come and go, most of them failing because people dont understand the physics behind them. We should really wait for Kiley to chime in. He did a ton of research on spring rates before settinging in on a geometry for Project Gretta.

You can also Search basement rat's build, the name escapes me. He was doing a mono CB750 and basically ended up scraping the whole thing and starting over once he realized that it wasn't going to work. Ill PM Kiley and see if he wants to pop over and give some advice, he is really one of the mono shock experts. Also whitexk did a sweet mono shock xs. http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=11990.0

dakine_surf said:
I was referring to post #27. While the angle might be right, it is the tab that I am worried about.

In the 4 years that I have belonged to this site, I have seen many mono setups come and go, most of them failing because people dont understand the physics behind them. We should really wait for Kiley to chime in. He did a ton of research on spring rates before settinging in on a geometry for Project Gretta.

You can also Search basement rat's build, the name escapes me. He was doing a mono CB750 and basically ended up scraping the whole thing and starting over once he realized that it wasn't going to work. Ill PM Kiley and see if he wants to pop over and give some advice, he is really one of the mono shock experts. Also whitexk did a sweet mono shock xs.

cool man much appreciated. yeah since then we have pulled the brackets, and moved the shock angle forward more towards the center of the bike. looks much better, and reinforced the mounts as well. would love to hear from some mono experts etc, im doing another mono build currently as well on my cb450, links in my sig below.

Sounds Good... just a FYI most mono shock are run at angles from 45 to 75 degrees depending on the spring rate, sometime the angles are as low as 20 degrees.

dakine_surf said:
Sounds Good... just a FYI most mono shock are run at angles from 45 to 75 degrees depending on the spring rate, sometime the angles are as low as 20 degrees.

right on, ill have to grab a shot of the frame with the new shock angle installed for ya.. couple days. thanks for your input, most appreciated.

so its been a little while, my brother has been super busy lately so no time to work on his bike.. but progress has been made since last posted.. we got his shock at a better angle, boxed in and supported. also got the rear tail supports and hoop welded in. picked up a set of vm32's and modified the intake boots to mount right up. also picked up a cl360 (I believe) front wheel and tire for a steal and made an axle to work just right. painted the motor, frame, swinger, and got it back on two wheels.. future progress is front brake cable, 2-1 throttle cable, chain, wheel spacers, and some other odds and ends.

Attachments

• IMG_2013061725618.jpg
    IMG_2013061725618.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_2013061733628.jpg
    IMG_2013061733628.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_2013061740822.jpg
    IMG_2013061740822.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 268
lol koich's gs450 seat. yeah for the time being until koich returns to the country.. fucking vacation I tell ya. hes gonna have ken make his a very similar tail, just a little taller and wider, looks the part on the bike, good shape.

Back
Top Bottom