need help with cb350 lower crankcase

swensy77

So simple question, how do I remove the plate in the lower crankcase?

Attachments

• 20130704_224646.jpg
    20130704_224646.jpg
    955 KB · Views: 235
You don't remove it, mate. If you're trying to clean the Le Brea Tar pits out of the bottom of your case, just put the side-covers back onto the lower part and fill it with solvent. By the time the fluid-level reaches the throwout-rod hole it's already completely submersed the sludge.

Leave a drip-pan under the case as I really doubt you're going to get a tight seal. You only need to put on the left-side and stator cover as well as the right-side cover. Three pieces plus the oil plug, of course.

Um, well that's how I do it anyway since I can't afford to fill something with enough solvent to completely submerge the cases inside and out.

Works a treat.

Use gum cutter or carb cleaner and get it best you can the way it is odds are it will be good enuff. O and for the record far as i can tell redliner is full of shit most of the time

It's also worth knowing that if you gave bradj's mother a good smack, she'd finally pinch out the better part of him. But that's only useful if your CB has the earlier "fat" cam installed.

thank you for a quick response and I will do as you guys have instructed.last question for now have you any idea on how to remove the drain plug. I have never messed with such a stuck bolt I have tried everything penetrating vice grips even went and bought a drill out bolt extractor which was a joke. The old school Tricks you guys can think of?

If it is that tight, quit wasting time and take it to a machine shop, preferably one that has experience tearing down and rebuilding hydraulic cylinders. Their machines have fittings that can remove pressure seized ram caps, a drain bolt will be no problem. Usually costs me a half rack of beer.

Redliner said:
It's also worth knowing that if you gave bradj's mother a good smack, she'd finally pinch out the better part of him. But that's only useful if your CB has the earlier "fat" cam installed.
if you looked at my mother wrong i would cut your throat you cock sucker. i think its time you found another place to play. Ive said it befor your completely full of shit

Back
Top Bottom