CB750 - Couples Retreat

sxecafe

You think the Carpet Pissers did this?
Yo Dudes:

Came up on a sweet deal today on a CB750. Not running but turns over. Missing a battery and air filters. I gave the guy half the dough and he is gonna drop off the bike at my place this weekend fo the rest of the money. I plan on doing a mild restration and flipping this one for some cash. I might have also came up on a '76 GL1000 for cheap today as well, which I have been wanting for me and the misses.

CB750Honda1.jpg

Honda7502.jpg

Honda7503.jpg

This thread should be dead for a while until I get some money for parts but I wanted to get this out there out of excitement.

Re: New CB750 - Needs a Name

Got this thing on Sat. Looking forward to seeing if I can get it started soon.

Looks like a nice starting point. I wouldn't worry about finding a name, you'll never train the bike to come when you call it anyway. ;)

Wingspan said:
Looks like a nice starting point. I wouldn't worry about finding a name, you'll never train the bike to come when you call it anyway. ;)

I chuckled out loud to that. Interesting thought... what if it could? (queue theme to Star Trek)

No Paint scheme yet... trying to think outside the box but if I want to sell the thing I cant get too crazy.

Just giving this thing some life. Originally, I planned to flip this thing and get a GL1000. I think I might keep this for me and the lady and make this the couples bike. Werd

This thing has been dead for a long time.

I'm tinkering around with it too... Got a battery hooked up to it the other day and a 4 pole ign switch and the lights came on! It takes a 5 pole switch that I just found for $30. Hopefully I can get it hooked up and see if it cranks. Should be an easy build if it does.

Nov 2010 to Feb 2013, and still not running? Don't put so much pressure on yourself to get this thing done, it is a hobby.

Ya, I know... I need to relax for sure. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Finished a class last night so I have a "free week". Spent a few hours tonight with this bike. I plugged in the new ignition switch and the lights turned on. I was able to get the blinker to flash but when I hit the starter I got nothing. Took apart the control, looked at the wiring through the harness and I have continuity but the harness look pretty crappy. I'll have to go through it with a fine tooth. I got it to jump a little when I bridge the two sides of the starter relay but nothing substancial. It would be nice to at least get the starter kickin and confirm that I have spark by the end of the weekend.

Working on this old bag now. I'm trying to get it to start with the kick starter. I have lights. I have fuel getting to the spark plugs (they are wet and smell of fuel) and I have spark, albeit faint, when I hold the plug up to the frame and kick it over. Still this bitch won't FIRE! I have my head too far in it to think of possibilities. I defer to council. Any ideas?

check your battery is fully charged and up to voltage it should have 12.2-.12.5

weak battery will give weak spark and no craking

Battery is fully charged but Im only trying to kick it. The starter circuit is bunk right now. The spark is pretty decent.

What in the wiring loom could cause that?

The more I read, the more I have a hunch that the neutral indicator is the culprit. Would you still get a spark if the diode or the circuit is not functioning?

yes it just would not crank over but pulling the clutch in should bypass it

Wires on the clutch switch got yanked out of the switch by the PO. I cant get them back in there. I need a way to bypass the safety circuit.

if you connect the 2 wires together and dont let them touch ground (handlebars)

the starter will spin when the starter button is pushed so make sure it is in neutral

Big fan of your work man. i read through your entire build on the 550. I want to say congrats on getting married as well and not just that but finding one you fit so well with. reading through that whole tread, one big thing i noticed (other than the bike work and how you just seem to adapt and overcome every single thing that pops up lol) was the fact that you and the gal seem to just mix perfectly. Not something you find any ol place. Again, great work and keep it up. Ill be following along

Back
Top Bottom