Bantam frame / V5 wanted - cheap

beachcomber

TJ - Beachcomber
DTT SUPPORTER
Hi guys,

I need an early Bantam fame - to be more precise the headstock and downtube [ and V5 ;)] !

Therefore a crashed / rotted out frame will do. Plan B is that I will have to get a headstock machined up for my Bordtracker project !

Now pretty desperate !!! Ideally I need the headstock and a foot or so of the two frame tubes - top and engine pick up.

A damaged / rusted frame is OK ;)

Have you tried the British Bantam-Racing club? They'd definitely have a frame or two and even more likely some surplus papers.

good luck TJ with that quest ,all old brit docs are at premium in the UK with the surge of imports from the states ,sold 3 bantams in the last 2 months for stupid money ,ultra high demand have drove prices through the roof ,take the ID from summat cheap like the millions of broke down Chinese crap thats out there mate theres your answer£30 for a frame and docs

miffa said:
good luck TJ with that quest ,all old brit docs are at premium in the UK with the surge of imports from the states ,sold 3 bantams in the last 2 months for stupid money ,ultra high demand have drove prices through the roof ,take the ID from summat cheap like the millions of broke down Chinese crap thats out there mate theres your answer£30 for a frame and docs

Yes I hear you ...... I have a stand by frame [ Kawasaki ] with V5. The reasoning behind getting a Bantam frame / front section was that I could use the headstock with my D1/3 forks. That said, the price ANY old Bantam is fetching these days, I might as well get a headstock machined to suit - probably cheaper !

Chinese front loop and neck,and fit your banny yolks to that prob go in on bearing change ...be nice to knock some basic light weight girders up ,inkeeping with the boardtrack style ,examine your banny front end check if its a cerrani many were changed out back in the day ,if they are there worth 500 quid ....bonus

Thanx for everyone's input. I managed to get a headstock and a few inches [ !! ] of frame for 17 euros from a guy in Ireland. Mock up coming along well - and it actually works. ! ;) The cheapest frame I could find was £70 ! :eek:

I'm also looking for an ace brazer / solderer to attach the top of the tank. This is how they came new [ as this one is ] to allow the owner to assemble his own oil pump into the reservoir. Obviously I'm not using that anyway - although I will have an old brass pump installed as a dummy - for the look !

The originals were soldered, but I guess that's a bit of a lost art. I'm contemplating leaving the original patina [ over 100 years old ] on the tank - or maybe saving the original tank logo with a stripe around it and painting the rest. Decisions. There will only be that original patina ONCE.

Attachments

• cafe creme 014.jpg
    cafe creme 014.jpg
    791.8 KB · Views: 277
  • $(KGrHqR,!q4E-ZWZrPuCBP5wJ4RrBw~~60_58.jpg
    $(KGrHqR,!q4E-ZWZrPuCBP5wJ4RrBw~~60_58.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 370
  • $(KGrHqV,!lME+Gl3ky+uBP5wJ1lFSg~~60_58.jpg
    $(KGrHqV,!lME+Gl3ky+uBP5wJ1lFSg~~60_58.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 372
  • $(KGrHqVHJCkE+Q4RwIUCBP5wJHrpk!~~60_58.jpg
    $(KGrHqVHJCkE+Q4RwIUCBP5wJHrpk!~~60_58.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 364
How solid is the tank other than the top of course not being welded in place?

Just wondering if someone could knock out an aluminum tank to fit inside that one.

The tank just has surface rust - it's really thick metal the bottom is 2mm and the top 1.5mm. There is no actual structural corrosion. I've put fluid in it left it for weeks and it's completely sealed.

Just in case anyone was concerned about the structural integrity of the green garden hose [ !! ] :eek: - it's now been replaced ! ;)

Attachments

• bantam forks 006.jpg
    bantam forks 006.jpg
    659.9 KB · Views: 262
Back
Top Bottom