Post a pic of your latest purchase

SONIC. said:
Flip flops like a fucking moron.
Just hopped on the bike to ride through the field like I do all the time and came over a rise and boom hay bale. Tried to throttle out, slipped the back end and my foot went between the bale and the footpeg.

This is also why you want your footpegs to be folding, and make sure they're oriented the correct way. Not always going to save you, but loads of people have had much worse from fixed gnarley pegs :)

Hope you heal quick, and BTW flip-flops are for 12 year old girls :p

Tim said:
This is also why you want your footpegs to be folding, and make sure they're oriented the correct way. Not always going to save you, but loads of people have had much worse from fixed gnarley pegs :)

Hope you heal quick, and BTW flip-flops are for 12 year old girls :p

They were folding :D, if not I'd imagine it would be much worse!

And you're just jealous because you live in canada and you'll freeze your toes off if you wear flip flops
thefinger.gif

Tim said:
No - I'm saying real men ride barefoot!
I used to be one of those "real men" , but I grew out of it. ;D
Stitches were involved........numerous times. :-[

JohnGoFast said:
Got one of these coming for the XS650 and the Sidecar of Death:

Best thing you'll ever do for your 650.
So simple, you really have to wonder why in the hell yamaha ever went with that awful factory setup to begin with.

Sadly I've got most of the components for one of those kicking around somewhere and haven't put it on yet. But my XS has always charged well and has minimal electrical needs. Maybe I'll put it on the bobber when/if I ever get around to it.

whats more confusing is why Morris bothered to make a Magneto set up for them when the PMA kit is around. I run a HHB PMA on mine with no battery and its flawless.

Picked this up in exchange for doing some work on my wife's nephew's 4-wheeler. '76 XL250. Rough, but mostly complete.

That's awesome Chris! It'll be great to have a pitbike to put in the trunk of the wing when you go on long trips. Nothing like a paddock bike!

:p

Seriously though, that will be awesome to have around!

Kanticoy said:
That's awesome Chris! It'll be great to have a pitbike to put in the trunk of the wing when you go on long trips. Nothing like a paddock bike!

:p

Seriously though, that will be awesome to have around!

Yeah, I'm kind of excited to get started on this. Just hope it doesn't turn into too much of a money pit.

cam in head motor which is not bad unless it has been neglected
first thing check the valve clearances if they are real wide it is a bit of a bad sign
if not happy happy ;) get a clutch cover gasket, pull the cover and clean the filter trap,check out the clutch plates, then do a standard full tuneup

CCRider said:
Picked this up in exchange for doing some work on my wife's nephew's 4-wheeler. '76 XL250. Rough, but mostly complete.

Hey, a newer version of what Ard rode down at the Thaw last spring.

Yeah Charlie, I actually prefer Ard's version, but you take what you get.

And xb, it has been neglected, so I'm anxious to get a look at the internals.

Back
Top Bottom