rachels cm200

Re: rachels cm200, ugh! Anyone know Subaru sunroof fix?

Did not go smoothly. A small plastic bit is broke and popping out of the rail. Due to the grease being hard as glue.

Cannot replace the plastic bit.

So far after 100 searches...replace the entire frame.

Average price is $550

I can find $440 all day long + $110 shipping.

So far best Ive found is $455 + $50 shipping = $505.00

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/oe_parts_cat.html

This burns my ass. This is the same thing people had experienced on the forums.

To have the dealer do it. its $1100.00

So clean and keep fresh lube on the sunroof frame rails. Aargh!

I have always hated this f-ing subaru. I love both my Honda Fits!

Gonna make sure the 4 drain tubes are clear...if one of those gets clogged is usually the reason for water pouring inside the car. All over drivers head.

What year make and model?

Edit: What he said. I was just looking up the inventory at Coultas in Champainge-Urbana.

deviant said:
What year make and model?

Edit: What he said. I was just looking up the inventory at Coultas in Champainge-Urbana.

Yea they got nothing. already checked. Thanks though

BurdetteDR said:
Don't forget neals in peoria. I've gotten many subaru parts from them

Thanks, never heard of them. Checked the website and no dice.
Im over it. Not as though we ever used it. The old lady only occasionally opened it, sitting in the driveway to quickly evacuate the heat in the summer time anyways. Before driving it, then she closed it and ran the A/C. :p

Just gonna ensure the drains are clear, clean the gasket and re-assemble the damned thing.

Then Pull the front end apart "AGAIN" and get the one water filled headlight fixed. :mad:

trek97 said:
But NOOO!

So, got bikes arranged as tight as I can in hopes to get the car in and remove the sunroof and see whats going on.

11494-110915181114.jpeg

Bummer about the leak.

They look squeezed.

What project is that leaning up against the wall? Or is it wall art?

BurdetteDR said:
Step 2: very carefully, drive a ford of your choosing directly underneath of it.

Sorry dude at the time...not so funny.

But now its hilarious! ;)

Im in Champaign, where you at?

Passenger side drain tube was clogged w pine needles and crud! so now both fronts are cleared. Re-install sunroof and get this POS out the way.

and got the headlight out. The old lady can mess w re-sealing it. If it dont work this time...I guess Ill just have to buy new. amazons got em for $135. :mad: Still seeing no advantage to these new shitty plastic lights as compared to the old school sealed beam headlights. Jesus, the one on the 72 CL100 still worked fine after 43 years!

BurdetteDR said:
I'm in pekin, just a hop skip and jump from where you're at. Is there alot of members from around here?

Stinks but not really. 3dognate, Bloomington, Bromz is about 10 miles from me, travus is Lafayette Ind. and thats about it that I know of. So, 3 withing and hour and half. ::) Oh and a bunch of Indy guys.

Kinda torques my ass, these CM's dont have center stands. :mad:

I found a 80, CM400 Stand on ebay. Wondering if I could make it fit and function. :p

After getting the Subaru out yesterday. Rach and I spent the day, going over the bike from top to bottom.

Fresh fork oil, engine oil, lubed & adjusted chain, tire pressure, adj brakes (ordered new brakes), set cam chain, checked timing, points, compression, air filter, charging system, tuned carb (well, I looked at carb), etc,etc,etc.

11494-120915170134.jpeg

This morning I scrubbed her down and polished her up.

11494-130915100002.jpeg

trek97 said:
Fresh fork oil, engine oil, lubed & adjusted chain, tire pressure, adj brakes (ordered new brakes), set cam chain, checked timing, points, compression, air filter, charging system, tuned carb
What is this? Maintenance? Are you sure you don't wanna just break it down and cut the back of the frame off right away? Cmon get your priotities in order man!!

Just kidding. It looks amazing!

Yup My BAD, I guess I do it all wrong.

What I SHOULD have does was...

Rip it apart FIRST THING, weld a hoop on so it hits the rear tire, immediately powder coat,

Install "moon buggy balloon" tires,

hack the headers "extra short" cause open pipes are "extra awesome",

toss both fenders and the electric starter (cause I LOVE to kick start), HACK up wire harness,

tach, speedo and turn indicators into the nearest dumpster,

push the forks up through the triple, toss on cheap ass clubmans,

shorter rear shocks THEN taller rear shocks (cause w the hoop I added it hits the BIG tire) AND I dont want to fit correct tires OR god forbid, mess up the powder.

Argue w everyone cause its all about the "LOOK" Im going for.

After that and only then...I should try to get it running.

Need help ASAP I promised all my buddies I would be at the BIG EVENT...tomorrow night! ;)

Then YES, I do it all wrong.

Maybe Rachel would be more comfortable on something like this guys POS CM 200...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWmYsfHdaTc

Is that gauge/key switch setup on the bike in the vid stock?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

deviant said:
Is that gauge/key switch setup on the bike in the vid stock?

Bone stock. Some years had the same light bar inside a round housing to match the speedo.

11494-130915172510.jpeg

11494-130915173016.png

Why don't you just get a 3D printer from Sam's Club and print the sunroof parts you need? I'm sure you could make your first million if it's also a problem for others ;) (I want a royalty if you do ;D )

Back
Top Bottom