'69 cb350- Gumby Tinkerdeere (aka Gumpy).. (one sexy 'sickle)

go!

Threat Level: giggles and sunshine
DTT SUPPORTER
like i said in my re-intro thread, i fell in love with this bike and all it's roller-painted beauty. i've finally got the funds to build it (at least for the most part.. i hope) and a place to work on it. the craigslist photos:

01010101030601040020080125d7302133b.jpg

01010201020201160520080125caffd41b9.jpg

tomorrow i'm taking more off the frame and perhaps doing some sandblasting. tearing into the engine as soon as the new gaskets come in, should be this week.

bike.jpg

sorry for the bad camera phone pics
Photo-0450.jpg

Photo-0451.jpg

Re: 1969 cb350- tinkerbelle

the green machine. i like the tank on that year. you are going to use it?

if i had the tank, i probably would have. the guy i bought it from did a number on this bike. he tried to "unscrew" the wires from the coils. the spark plug ports are chewed up. he put a tank from a 360 on, so i couldn't turn the bike because the tank interfered with that..

check my re-intro thread ;D

Nice Go! Good to see you working again. So you'll be done by July? :)

--Chris

right now i'm waiting on gaskets and seals for the engine. i rebuilt the carbs already. i'll be driving down to richmond in the near future to get the bike painted, so i should be sandblasting tonight. a friend offered to do it for free because he wants it in his portfolio.
i need to go pick up a wheel with disc brake in philly and get the tires mounted. and figure out what forks to put on..
and i need clip-ons.

i've got lots to do, but it shouldn't take terribly long either. as long as everything goes smoothly..

I've got a set of CB360 forks that will fit your 350. I also have an 18" wheel with a disk on it from the same bike. All of which are yours if you're interested. I'll try to remember to send some pics tonight.

Don't let that Indian distract you :)

--Chris

thanks chris! i'll let you know if i need it. tex also offered me a wheel with a disc brake, and i could go pick that up in philly.

i'm saving the indian for the winter. i'm working on it with my SO, he wanted me to show him how to restore a bike :p

sandblasted parts today! more to do tomorrow, and i'll take some pictures.

woo, richmond! wish i had connections here like that.
nice project. you should totally keep that green, though.

no worries, it'll be a green machine!

photos of some sand blasted parts

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

thinned the paint on the tank today, i'll blast the rest off tomorrow. it was a rough day at work, i was just too tired to do anymore work. my gaskets should be in tomorrow, so i get to tear into the engine!

on another note, there were some interesting things nesting in my bike

IMG_0382.jpg

did you tape over the warning sticker on the swing arm? or just blast it?

i just blasted it, i didn't even know it was under all that paint. once the paint came off that area i avoided it so the sticker wouldn't come off or the letters get blasted

this green paint was like christmas wrapping paper. you get to find all sorts of neat stuff underneath

hahahahhaa that's an excellent way of looking at it!
can't wait to see what i find when i take apart the engine.
i've enjoyed the sand blasting a lot, i'm a master blaster :D

Nice. Funny, the "green out" paint job helps to hilight the motor. I always did like the shape of the headers on these bikes. I'll be watching.

I've got a couple of projects to get up here for the people to see. I'll work on that.

Back
Top Bottom